- Column: NASCAR has long needed a driver council for feedback Updated: Jun-01-15 4:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It started last fall as a text message chain that included roughly 20 of NASCAR's top drivers. The purpose of that group chat was for the drivers to hash out where the current rules package was headed and attempt to gain a consensus on what was best for the competitors.
- Colombia revels in Indy 500 result, Chevrolet rules the day Updated: May-25-15 2:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - There were surely some parties in Colombia this weekend.
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team Updated: May-24-15 11:50 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Pace driver Jeff Gordon says he will never race in Indy 500 Updated: May-24-15 10:53 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The closest Jeff Gordon will ever come to leading the Indy 500 will be in the pace car.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Jeff Gordon to join Fox as full-time analyst in 2016 Updated: May-21-15 10:04 pm
Jeff Gordon will join Fox as a full-time analyst in 2016, teaming with Mike Joy and Darrell Waltrip in the three-man booth.
- Hamlin gives Joe Gibbs first victory in NASCAR All-Star race Updated: May-17-15 12:23 am
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin gave Joe Gibbs Racing its first victory in NASCAR's Sprint All-Star race by using clean air to hold off Kevin Harvick at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Rising tide of American drivers has given IndyCar new look Updated: May-13-15 7:42 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal understands there's a world of possibilities for him in IndyCar racing.
- NASCAR gearing up for next generation of racing fans Updated: May-10-15 11:21 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - On a muggy Saturday afternoon, two children dragged their parents through the garage area at Kansas Speedway, intent on catching up to a hero they had seen only on television.
- Johnson stays on track during late caution, wins at Kansas Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jimmie Johnson pulled into victory lane after his late-race gamble paid off to win the rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, then pulled out his cellphone and tried to dial his wife in the first few minutes of Mother's Day.
- Logano wins pole for Saturday night race at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-08-15 8:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Joey Logano will start at Kansas Speedway right where he left off.
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Chase Elliott gets NAPA sponsorship on No. 24 car in 2016 Updated: May-06-15 2:39 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Chase Elliott is bringing NAPA's sponsorship with him to the Sprint Cup Series.