- Pelicans snap 4-game skid with easy win over Wolves Updated: Feb-08-16 11:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mired in a four-game losing streak and sinking further out of contention in the Western Conference, the New Orleans Pelicans were in desperate need of a confidence builder.
- Chuck, Shaq, Kenny offer fresh ideas for All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-08-16 2:37 am
The Splash Brothers have turned the 3-point contest into must-see TV. Zach LaVine made the dunk contest cool again.
- Reigning dunk champ LaVine: 'I've got tricks up my sleeve' Updated: Feb-05-16 5:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Zach LaVine came to All-Star weekend in New York last year as an under-the-radar rookie toiling away for one of the league's worst teams. He left as the Savior of Slam after a scintillating performance breathed new life into the dunk contest.
- Curry to defend 3-point title, big men in Skills Challenge Updated: Feb-04-16 11:57 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry will defend his title in the 3-point contest, Zach LaVine will try for another dunk championship and some All-Star big men will compete for the Skills Challenge crown.
- Timberwolves beat Clippers 108-102 to snap losing streaks Updated: Feb-04-16 2:51 am
LOS ANGELES - Stung by a four-point loss to the Lakers a night earlier and playing the second game of a back-to-back against a team they had lost to 14 straight times on the road, the Minnesota Timberwolves might have doubted themselves.
- Kobe scores 38, Lakers beat Wolves 119-115 to end 10-gm skid Updated: Feb-03-16 2:32 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has lifted the Los Angeles Lakers onto his shoulders countless times over the past two decades, and he rarely flinches under the weight.
- Garnett offers endorsement of interim coach Sam Mitchell Updated: Feb-02-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - As the losses keep piling up for the young Minnesota Timberwolves and the scrutiny increases on interim coach Sam Mitchell, franchise star Kevin Garnett is throwing his support behind his longtime friend.
- Durant, Thunder win a thriller over Timberwolves, 126-123 Updated: Jan-27-16 11:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Kevin Durant has had the ball in his hands with the game on the line so many times that he feels totally carefree in the game's biggest moments.
- Wolves' Wiggins and Towns, Knicks' Porzingis in Rising Stars Updated: Jan-27-16 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves will play on opposite teams in the Rising Stars Challenge at NBA All-Star weekend.
- Old-school Wolves coach tries to reach a new-school roster Updated: Jan-26-16 11:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his first three months being coached by Sam Mitchell, Minnesota Timberwolves youngster Zach LaVine has endured it all. Position switches, benching, yelling, pushing, prodding, all methods Mitchell employs to mold a 20-year-old in his second season.
- James leads Cavs past Timberwolves for Lue's first Updated: Jan-25-16 11:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Tyronn Lue has had a hectic few days. He now has his first win as an NBA coach.
- Wolves snap Grizzlies' 4-game winning streak, 106-101 Updated: Jan-23-16 11:57 pm
- Davis scores 35; Pelicans beat Timberwolves but lose Gordon Updated: Jan-20-16 1:02 am
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans found a way to win convincingly despite an early 17-point hole.
- Westbrook's triple-double leads Thunder past Timberwolves Updated: Jan-15-16 11:00 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook followed one of his most forgettable performances of the season with one of his most efficient.