- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- The Latest: Kerry's nuke deal testimony translated in Iran Updated: Jul-28-15 12:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments on Obama administration officials' testimony Tuesday before Congress on the Iran nuclear deal (all times local EDT):
- Former ambassadors to Israel back Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-27-15 12:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Seven former U.S. diplomats and State Department officials sent a letter Monday to leaders in Congress urging them to support the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Democrat, Republicans differ on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-21-15 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nuclear deal with Iran drew support from a member of the Senate Democratic leadership and sharp criticism from a senior Republican on Tuesday, ahead of private briefings from Cabinet officials who negotiated the accord.
- Obama's unlikely Iran deal MVP: Energy Secretary Moniz Updated: Jul-21-15 3:30 am
WASHINGTON - As negotiators were grasping for a landmark nuclear deal, they hit a roadblock over Iran's once-secret enrichment site at Fordo, a fortified bunker buried deep in a mountainside - potentially impervious to U.S. or Israeli airstrikes.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- House Dem leader Pelosi backs Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-16-15 11:26 am
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday the nuclear deal negotiated by the United States, Iran and Western powers "will have my strong support."
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- Amid flurry of diplomacy with Iran, the White House waits Updated: Jul-10-15 3:50 am
WASHINGTON - The final days of the high-stakes Iranian nuclear negotiations have been filled with a flurry of diplomatic wrangling and marathon meetings in Vienna.