- Florida GOP moves date of presidential summit to November Updated: Aug-04-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Republicans, seeking to push the battleground state into the national limelight, announced Tuesday they are holding a presidential candidates' summit in November.
- Presidential hopeful Rubio names Montana campaign chairman Updated: Aug-03-15 2:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is one of the first of the 17 GOP presidential hopefuls to select a Montana campaign chairman.
- GOP hopeful Ted Cruz to visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:41 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz will visit two north Mississippi cities this month.
- Baker administration names leadership team for MBTA Updated: Jul-30-15 6:53 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker's administration has tapped Brian Shortsleeve, a one-time political director for Mitt Romney, to serve in the newly-created position of chief administrator of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses Updated: Jul-27-15 3:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republicans and Democrats in Kansas both hope March 5 caucuses will lure serious contenders for their parties' 2016 presidential nominations to the state.
- Walker announces senior presidential campaign team Updated: Jul-24-15 3:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker announced the leaders of his presidential campaign team on Friday, a mixture of longtime, close advisers from Wisconsin, employees of the Republican National Committee and veterans of previous national races.
- Conservative David Keene joins Eisenhower Memorial effort Updated: Jul-24-15 4:19 am
WASHINGTON - A conservative commentator and political adviser is joining the effort to build a memorial honoring President Dwight D. Eisenhower in Washington.
- Donald Trump wealth details released by federal regulators Updated: Jul-22-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal election regulators released new details Wednesday about Republican presidential candidate and celebrity businessman Donald Trump's wealth and financial holdings, weeks after he estimated his net worth at roughly $10 billion.
- Campaign donations pour in for top Massachusetts lawmakers Updated: Jul-21-15 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo collected more than $415,000 in campaign donations during the first half of the year - more than during any previous six-month period for the powerful Democrat.
- New Clark GOP chair: Goal is running competent organization Updated: Jul-16-15 6:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The newly elected chairman of the Clark County Republican Party said his priority will be running the kind of competent, efficient organization needed to get Republicans elected to office.
- Koster has nearly $4 million for Missouri governor campaign Updated: Jul-15-15 7:26 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Democratic Attorney General Chris Koster has more money for a campaign for Missouri governor than all of his Republican rivals combined, after announcing on Wednesday that he has nearly $4 million in his campaign account.
- Massachusetts again debates tuition costs for immigrants Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers are reviving a debate about whether immigrants in the country illegally should be eligible for in-state college tuition rates, and backers of both sides gathered at the Statehouse on Wednesday to testify at a public hearing.
- Charleston massacre, flag debate put Haley in 2016 spotlight Updated: Jul-15-15 5:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - From her public statements of grief to removing the Confederate battle flag from outside her Statehouse office, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has drawn wide praise since the massacre of nine black churchgoers from a historic Charleston congregation.
- Durant residents excited for President Obama's visit Updated: Jul-14-15 6:21 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - In a Republican-controlled state where President Barack Obama failed to win a single one of the state's 77 counties in 2008 or 2012, Oklahoma residents still are rolling out the red carpet for the president's two-day visit to the Sooner State.
- Gov. Baker enjoys brisk fundraising pace in first 6 months Updated: Jul-12-15 10:56 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker won't face re-election for another three years, but he's already stockpiled more in campaign donations than his two recent predecessors in the governor's office.
- Appeals court upholds former Virginia governor's convictions Updated: Jul-10-15 3:09 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals panel upheld former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's public corruption convictions Friday, rejecting his claim that he only extended routine political courtesies to a wealthy businessman who showered him and his family with expensive gifts and five-figure loans.
- Too liberal, divisive to win Senate seat? Grayson says no Updated: Jul-09-15 5:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Democratic U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson entered the race to replace Sen. Marco Rubio on Thursday with some points he wants to make for the people who think he's an inflammatory, Republican-hating liberal who's too divisive to win a statewide election.
- Wins, setbacks mark the path to nationwide same-sex marriage Updated: Jul-06-15 1:05 pm
WASHINGTON - In 2004, when Massachusetts became the first state to allow same-sex couples to marry, President George W. Bush declared support for a constitutional amendment "to protect the institution of marriage." Voters in 13 states changed their constitutions to define marriage as the union of a man and a woman. In most of those states, the vote wasn't even close.