- High stakes for Bush, Rubio in Florida presidential primary Updated: Jun-02-15 3:57 pm
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Some of the leading Republican presidential prospects faced off at an event Tuesday in battleground Florida, a state that could prove pivotal to the Florida heavyweights seeking the nomination, not to mention any rival who manages to win here instead.
- Bush lauded at Tenn. GOP event, but will state vote follow? Updated: Jun-01-15 5:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The speakers at the Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser over the weekend took turns heaping praise on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the keynote speaker at the annual Statesmen's Dinner.
- Rubio reaches out to regular Americans during visit to Reno Updated: May-30-15 10:57 am
RENO, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio tried to reach out to regular Americans during a stop at a Reno gated community on Friday.
- Carl's, Hardee's CEO: Not all models know how to eat burgers Updated: May-30-15 12:01 am
NEW YORK - Carl's Jr. and Hardee's ads starring nearly naked women have become a part of American culture, according to Andy Puzder, CEO of the chains' parent company.
- Patrick urges Harvard grads to act on 'unrest' in hearts Updated: May-28-15 7:05 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick told Harvard graduates to listen to, and act on, the "unrest" in their hearts as they head into the world.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: May-26-15 11:06 pm
The Latest on weather: Third body pulled from swollen Blanco River; Texas death toll now 13
- Q&A: A look at Nevada's debate over caucus vs. primary Updated: May-24-15 6:22 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Lawmakers are trying to change how Nevada votes for presidential candidates in a move that has major implications for the state's relevance on the campaign trail and who is likely to be the nominee.
- Huckabee is latest straw poll no-show. Is event in jeopardy? Updated: May-21-15 4:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The people running Iowa's Republican presidential straw poll want less money and glitz involved as they try to take this summer's event back to basics. But now they are facing a different kind of downsizing - fewer candidates.
- Florida's GOP primary could give a boost to a favorite son Updated: May-19-15 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida has put itself in a position to help the White House bids of either former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio, by setting up a winner-take-all Republican presidential primary as early as possible in the nominating calendar.
- Jacksonville mayoral race draws national political interest Updated: May-17-15 2:55 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - There's a reason why the Jacksonville mayoral race is drawing the attention of outsiders like former President Bill Clinton, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and it's about more than who wins on Tuesday.
- Colleges across New Hampshire hold commencement ceremonies Updated: May-17-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire hits its peak for college commencements this weekend, with more than half a dozen schools celebrating their graduating classes.
- Ryan tells Wisconsin Republicans to expand appeal Updated: May-16-15 3:47 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan tells Wisconsin Republicans that the party needs to expand its appeal in order to win the presidency.
- Possible GOP presidential contender Santorum visits Nevada Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rick Santorum is the latest potential presidential candidate to visit Nevada this week.
- Montana: Stanford, Dartmouth mailers broke campaign laws Updated: May-12-15 12:33 pm
- Romney retreat in Utah to draw GOP presidential candidates Updated: May-08-15 3:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will host another retreat in Utah for high-profile political figures, business leaders and campaign donors.
- Obama makes 4th visit to Oregon as president Updated: May-07-15 10:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - President Barack Obama got cheers from people lining downtown Portland streets as he arrived Thursday for a two-day visit but also drew protests from a small crowd of activists opposed to a planned trade deal.
- Rubio tax plan shows challenge of GOP wage-stagnation fight Updated: May-07-15 5:35 pm
DENVER - In the traffic jam that is the Republican presidential race, Sen. Marco Rubio stands out - and not just for his youth and blue-collar, Cuban-American biography.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid city unrest Updated: May-04-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign where candidates are jockeying to be champions of the middle class and asking wealthy people for money, the problems facing the poor are inching into the debate.