- Some Hispanics face ridicule over support for Trump Updated: May-26-16 3:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Hispanic voters in Florida, New Mexico and California have waved Mexican flags and bashed Donald Trump piÃ±atas - clashing with police, at times - to protest the Republican presidential contender's hard line approach to immigration.
- Trump holds first major presidential fundraiser in L.A. Updated: May-26-16 8:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump entered a new phase of his campaign when he held his first major campaign fundraiser: a $25,000-per-ticket dinner in Los Angeles.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Democrats aim at Trump's tax returns Updated: May-25-16 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - Hmmm, wonder who he has in mind?
- Walker owes nearly $900,000 from presidential campaign Updated: May-23-16 6:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is gradually paying off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from his failed presidential bid primarily by renting out his email and donor lists to other candidates.
- Correction: Campaign 2016-Foreign Hacking story Updated: May-23-16 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - In a story May 18 about possible foreign hacking into presidential campaigns, The Associated Press used the wrong configuration for the name of the chief executive officer of PKWARE. His name is V. Miller Newton, not V. Newton Miller.
- 3 Ohioans considered VP possibilities this year Updated: May-22-16 1:00 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's starring role as a presidential swing state could also earn supporting roles for state politicians on this year's presidential tickets.
- In swing state suburbs, white women are skeptical of Trump Updated: May-21-16 1:05 pm
WESTERVILLE, Ohio - For Donald Trump to win the White House in November, he'll need the votes of women like lifelong Republican Wendy Emery.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: May-18-16 12:28 pm
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Senate GOP leader: Most White House hopefuls release taxes Updated: May-17-16 2:28 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican leader in the Senate says most candidates for president have released their tax documents as presumptive GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump insists he'll wait until after an IRS audit.
- Ex-US Sen. Bob Bennett laid to rest in Salt Lake City Updated: May-14-16 7:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Hundreds of mourners gathered Saturday to remember Bob Bennett as a loving husband and father who did not let his career as a senator define him.
- Republican activists work to reconcile Kansas party to Trump Updated: May-14-16 5:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican activists in Kansas on Saturday worked to persuade the state party's conservative base to unite behind Donald Trump as the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, even as they picked a national convention delegation opposed to his candidacy.
- The Latest: Sen. Bob Bennett remembered in Salt Lake City Updated: May-14-16 5:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on the funeral for former U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett (all times local):
- Business owners: We need policy specifics from candidates Updated: May-12-16 4:20 pm
NEW YORK - Small business owners say it's time the presidential candidates provide concrete details on how they'll tackle key issues including taxes, health care costs and government regulations.
- If Donald Trump held a concert, who might perform? Updated: May-11-16 6:04 pm
NEW YORK - While Elton John and Katy Perry have hit the stage for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton, and supporters of opponent Bernie Sanders include Bonnie Raitt and Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's Rolodex of musicians-slash-friends is short. Really short.
- With Trump as GOP's choice, Dems eye North Carolina comeback Updated: May-10-16 8:56 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Four years ago, North Carolina was the one that got away for Democrats - the only battleground state President Barack Obama didn't carry in his resounding re-election triumph.
- Some big-name California Republicans among Trump delegates Updated: May-10-16 12:26 am
Mitt Romney, John McCain and other prominent Republicans have distanced themselves from Donald Trump, but the billionaire businessman's list of delegates from California released Monday includes Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, the second-ranking Republican in the U.S. House.
- Obama allies use Trump to press GOP on Supreme Court nominee Updated: May-09-16 2:30 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Proponents of President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee believe they have a new winning argument to get the Republican-led Senate to act - the prospect of Donald Trump choosing someone to fill the vacancy.
- Trump-Clinton matchup is 'nightmare' for some Republicans Updated: May-09-16 3:53 am
OREM, Utah - The setting sun's light flooded a meeting of Utah County Republicans as Melanie Sorensen described her concerns about her party's presumptive presidential nominee.
- 2016: Nominees are billionaire, millionaire year of populism Updated: May-09-16 3:44 am
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio - Pick a president: New York multimillionaire or New York multibillionaire.
- Governor releases private emails dealing with state business Updated: May-06-16 3:14 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock has used his private email account to communicate about a wide variety of official business, from proposed legislation to his increasingly strained relationship with the former lieutenant governor, according to hundreds of pages of emails released Friday.
- Paul Ryan dodges questions, doesn't refer to Trump in stop Updated: May-05-16 5:03 pm
BURLINGTON, Wisconsin - House Speaker Paul Ryan campaigned for Sen. Ron Johnson in southern Wisconsin on Thursday, but he avoided expanding on his surprise announcement that he couldn't currently support the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump.
- How Trump broke the rules of modern politics, and won anyway Updated: May-05-16 3:37 am
WASHINGTON - Polling? Who needs to do that? Fundraising? Can't be bothered. Parse your words? Fuhgetabout it.
- Ex-Utah Sen. Bob Bennett, ousted in tea party wave, has died Updated: May-05-16 1:13 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Former U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett, of Utah, who shied away from the spotlight but earned a reputation as someone who knew how to get things done in Washington, has died. He was 82.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.
- Clinton embraces Trump's mention of 'woman's card' Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
ATLANTA - Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have launched into a rhetorical scrum, with the Republican front-runner eliciting a backlash that highlights his perilous standing among female voters who could help propel the likely Democratic nominee to the White House.