- Amid campaign worries, Trump to check on courses in Scotland Updated: Jun-23-16 8:21 am
NEW YORK - Facing questions about meager fundraising, slipping poll numbers and campaign instability, Donald Trump is tending to business - in Scotland.
- FEC data show Trump has raised $45,293 in Connecticut Updated: Jun-22-16 3:43 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has so far raised a fraction of the campaign cash that 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney solicited from Connecticut donors during his failed bid for the White House.
- Dump Trump movement preparing fight at GOP convention Updated: Jun-22-16 8:10 am
WASHINGTON - The "dump Trump" movement is gaining followers among delegates to next month's Republican National Convention, an effort that could tarnish Donald Trump's coronation even if it ultimately fails.
- In Utah speech, Dalai Lama says actions spread compassion Updated: Jun-22-16 12:56 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Dalai Lama delivered his message of peace and compassion Tuesday to thousands of people during a visit to Utah that included a luncheon with the governor and a planned meeting with senior Mormon leaders.
- Trump's campaign spends $6 million with Trump companies Updated: Jun-21-16 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump is one of the wealthiest people to ever run for president, but his campaign appears to be flat broke. What's more, fundraising reports show he's used about $6 million in campaign money to pay his own companies and family members.
- Clinton warns that Trump would plunge economy into recession Updated: Jun-21-16 4:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that Donald Trump would send the U.S. economy back into recession, warning his "reckless" approach would hurt workers still trying to recover from the 2008 economic turbulence.
- Lagging in fundraising, Trump calls on GOP for more support Updated: Jun-21-16 12:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump acknowledged Tuesday that he is struggling to rally fellow Republicans as new fundraising reports show him badly lagging Hillary Clinton in campaign cash.
- Trump's campaign fundraising falling far short of Clinton's Updated: Jun-21-16 4:15 am
WASHINGTON - By any measure, Donald Trump's fundraising is falling far short of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.
- Strickland pitches women with family, economic policies Updated: Jun-21-16 12:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland of Ohio is appealing to the women's vote with a package of policy initiatives that he says promote strong families, economic equality, health care access and affordable child care.
- GOP sees no immediate fundraising boost from Trump Updated: Jun-20-16 9:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Having Donald Trump as its presumptive presidential candidate has not immediately paid off for the Republican Party, which began June with one-third as much cash as it had four years earlier, when Mitt Romney was its leader.
- Road to 270: GOP's California dream has long proven elusive Updated: Jun-20-16 3:17 am
WESTMINSTER, California - Bob Dole thought he could win California with a "fishhook" strategy. George W. Bush came armed with $15 million. John McCain was bullish, too. They all lost.
- Mitt Romney backs Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election bid Updated: Jun-16-16 1:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney is endorsing Utah Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election campaign.
- Democratic Party's computers breached by Russian hackers Updated: Jun-14-16 3:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Sophisticated hackers linked to Russian intelligence services broke into the Democratic National Committee's computer networks and gained access to confidential emails, chats and opposition research on presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, people familiar with the breach said Tuesday.
- Donors expected to raise millions for GOP at Romney retreat Updated: Jun-10-16 6:23 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - Donors attending a private Park City retreat organized by Mitt Romney are expected to raise millions this week for Republicans running for Congress.
- New Mexico governor disagrees with Trump comments on judge Updated: Jun-09-16 4:36 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has joined a chorus of Republican leaders in criticizing Donald Trump for his claim that a federal judge is not qualified to preside over a case because of his Mexican heritage.
- AP Interview: Billionaire Koch fed up with politics as usual Updated: Jun-09-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Billionaire Charles Koch, one of America's most influential conservative donors, said he is fed up with the vitriol of the presidential race and will air national TV ads that call on citizens to work together to fix a "rigged" economy that leaves behind the poor.
- DIVIDED AMERICA: Evangelicals feel alienated, anxious Updated: Jun-09-16 12:27 pm
BENTON, Kentucky - Pastor Richie Clendenen stepped away from the pulpit, microphone in hand. He walked the aisles of the Christian Fellowship Church, his voice rising to describe the perils believers face in 21st-century America.
- California Democrats target Trump in congressional races Updated: Jun-08-16 4:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - Democrats seeking to unseat several Republican members of Congress from California linked the incumbents to Donald Trump on Wednesday, hoping to tap discontent with the presumptive GOP presidential nominee in districts with large numbers of Democrats and Latinos.
- On cutting-edge voter data, Trump critically behind Clinton Updated: May-31-16 4:32 am
PHILADELPHIA - Donald Trump trails Hillary Clinton by months, even years, in using fast-evolving digital campaigning to win over voters, data specialists working with the GOP say.
- AP-NORC Poll: Voters in 2016 feeling disconnected, helpless Updated: May-31-16 4:27 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans and Democrats feel a massive disconnect with their political parties and helpless about the presidential election.
- Trump's movement campaign needs adjustments at margins Updated: May-30-16 3:30 am
TAMPA, Florida - Donald Trump calls his presidential campaign a mass movement, but he must show he can coax enough support from voters who twice delivered the White House to Barack Obama.
- Some Hispanics face ridicule over support for Trump Updated: May-26-16 3:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Hispanic voters in Florida, New Mexico and California have waved Mexican flags and bashed Donald Trump piÃ±atas - clashing with police, at times - to protest the Republican presidential contender's hard line approach to immigration.