- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- Casperson announces run for Congress in northern Michigan Updated: Nov-09-15 5:27 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican state Sen. Tom Casperson announced Monday that he's running to succeed retiring U.S. Rep. Dan Benishek in Michigan's 1st Congressional District, a competitive seat that the GOP is hoping to retain in 2016.
- What's ahead in long grind of 2016 campaign for president Updated: Nov-03-15 7:45 am
WASHINGTON - Election Day 2015 is Tuesday, which means we're a year away from the big Election Day to come - the one with the next president on the ballot. Here's a look at some of the milestones ahead before the end of the 2016 presidential campaign.
- No end in sight to GOP primary drama a year from election Updated: Nov-03-15 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - After a devastating loss in the 2012 presidential election, the Republican Party entered a period of intense self-reflection and emerged with a firm promise to learn from its mistakes.
- Florida GOP congressman who clashed with Boehner to retire Updated: Nov-02-15 1:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A Florida Republican congressman who clashed with former House Speaker John Boehner said Monday that he will not run for re-election next year.
- Florida's Democratic Senate primary will be long and nasty Updated: Nov-01-15 10:52 pm
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Sen. Bill Nelson delivered the biggest understatement during a weekend-long state Democratic Party convention that was supposed to fire up activists for next year's election.
- Clinton faces protests as she courts black voters Updated: Oct-31-15 3:03 am
ATLANTA - Hillary Rodham Clinton, shouting over protesters, promised black Americans Friday that she would address systemic racism and, if elected, follow in the footsteps of her predecessor, the country's first black president.
- Ann Romney visit sparks Ohio campaign faceoff over women Updated: Oct-30-15 12:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ann Romney arrived in Ohio's capital Friday to help U.S. Sen. Rob Portman launch the women's outreach component of his 2016 re-election campaign, touching off a debate over the standing of women in the state.