- GOP's Rand Paul brings campaign to Maine Updated: Sep-01-15 8:13 pm
FREEPORT, Maine - Hoping for a boost in a state where his father found strong support, Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul took a break from campaigning in New Hampshire to bring his message of smaller government, lower taxes and less intrusion in people's lives to a receptive audience of several hundred boisterous supporters on Tuesday.
- Christie tells Fallon he might 'go nuclear' in next debate Updated: Sep-01-15 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Chris Christie says he's thinking of taking a more aggressive approach during the next Republican presidential primary debate.
- US Supreme Court: Ex-Virginia gov to remain free for now Updated: Aug-31-15 5:35 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell will not have to go to prison while the U.S. Supreme Court considers whether to review his public corruption convictions, the justices ruled Monday.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Perry, Santorum presidential hopes undercut by own donors Updated: Aug-25-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The two returning Republican presidential candidates have struggled to keep their own donors interested.
- Gov. Baker, MassGOP hold "thank you" events for supporters Updated: Aug-23-15 12:43 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is taking time this week to thank some of the campaign volunteers and political supporters who helped him win last year's tough race for governor.
- Date set for ex-first lady's appeal of corruption conviction Updated: Aug-19-15 10:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A court hearing has been set for Virginia ex-first lady Maureen McDonnell's appeal of her corruption conviction.
- US Sen. Markey announces support of Iran nuclear deal Updated: Aug-19-15 7:46 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Edward Markey said Wednesday he's backing the nuclear deal with Iran, calling it the best tool to secure an Iran free of the weapons.
- Pro-Bush super PAC spending $10M-plus on initial TV campaign Updated: Aug-16-15 4:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The heavily funded super PAC backing Republican Jeb Bush will spend at least $10 million on television time in the earliest voting presidential primary states, the first salvo in a massive TV ad campaign to support the former Florida governor's bid for the Republican nomination.
- Presidential campaigns tap Oklahoma for voters, donations Updated: Aug-16-15 10:57 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - When presidential candidates like U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas visit a red state like Oklahoma, they're doing more than boosting name recognition and organizing a ground game. They also are seeking an infusion of cash, especially from deep-pocketed donors in the state's booming energy industry, to bolster their campaigns before next year's primary elections.
- Mystery money pays for pro-Republican television ads Updated: Aug-15-15 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - Opportunity News Media wants you to know it's OK to be a Republican, and it is spending $3 million to say so in the presidential battleground states of Ohio and Colorado.
- Trump bombast overshadows GOP challenges with women Updated: Aug-11-15 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - When Jeb Bush said he wasn't sure the country needs to spend "a half billion dollars for women's health issues," many viewed the remark as a gaffe and the Republican candidate for president rushed to clean it up.
- In Obama stronghold of Massachusetts, some unsure on Iran Updated: Aug-11-15 1:58 am
BOSTON - With just over a month before the deadline for Congress to act on an international nuclear deal with Iran, more than half of Massachusetts' all-Democratic delegation is still on the fence, according to a poll of the state's 11 members of Congress by The Associated Press.
- Drew Curtis files paperwork for independent bid for governor Updated: Aug-10-15 4:28 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - In the Republican and Democratic primaries for Kentucky governor, 46 percent of voters cast their ballots for someone other than the two major party nominees.
- GOP candidate Jeb Bush lines up 17 county campaign chairmen Updated: Aug-05-15 6:50 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has selected leaders to spearhead his campaign efforts in each of Nevada's 17 counties.
- News Guide: A TV star, Trump to take debate's center stage Updated: Aug-05-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has been telling people for nearly three decades that he is what they really need in the White House - a business-hardened deal-maker in chief.
- Florida GOP moves date of presidential summit to November Updated: Aug-04-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Republicans, seeking to push the battleground state into the national limelight, announced Tuesday they are holding a presidential candidates' summit in November.