- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Tim Lincecum signs $2.5 million, 1-year deal with Angels Updated: May-20-16 8:24 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ravaged by injuries, the Los Angeles Angels are taking a chance on Tim Lincecum, the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner who is coming off major hip surgery and looking to regain his career.
- Ramus and Nava go on DL, increasing Angels' total to 10 Updated: May-17-16 8:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Right-hander Cory Rasmus and outfielder Daniel Nava were placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday by the Angels, giving Los Angeles 10 injured players.
- Angels' Garrett Richards has stem-cell injection in elbow Updated: May-16-16 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Angels pitcher Garrett Richards had a stem-cell injection in his right elbow on Monday.
- Andriese, Miller lead Rays to sweep of Angels with 3-1 win Updated: May-08-16 7:42 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Matt Andriese made his season debut for the Tampa Bay Rays on Mother's Day. His mother, Lynn, was in the stands watching him pitch in the big leagues for the first time.
- Tampa Bay Rays hit 4 home runs and beat Dodgers 8-5 Updated: May-05-16 12:19 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays have struggled at the plate this season. Surprisingly, hitting home runs has not been an issue.
- Angels rally off Brewers' bullpen for 7-3 to avoid sweep Updated: May-04-16 7:00 pm
- Trout triples and homers, Angels beat Brewers 7-3 Updated: May-04-16 6:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - The curveball hung over the plate, an enticing pitch that Mike Trout quickly turned into a rally-starting solo home run in the eighth inning.