- Michael Gross, who created 'Ghostbusters' logo, dies at 70 Updated: Nov-18-15 9:31 am
LOS ANGELES - Michael C. Gross, an artist, illustrator, film producer and personal designer who created two of the most iconic pop culture images of the 20th century - the enduring "Ghostbusters" logo and a dog with a gun to its head for the cover of National Lampoon - has died of cancer at age 70.
- In a somber, off-kilter Paris, mass murder leaves emptiness Updated: Nov-15-15 12:27 am
PARIS - The indiscriminate taking of so many lives squeezed life out of Paris itself. Not all life but enough to create a sense of emptiness. Although far from extinguished, the City of Light is now unmistakably dimmed.
- Nelson, Roots to perform at Lennon's 75th birthday concert Updated: Nov-13-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - John Lennon's 75th birthday will be celebrated in New York City at a December concert featuring Willie Nelson, the Roots, Steven Tyler and Sheryl Crow.
- 'Jihadi John' horrified public, emboldened extremists Updated: Nov-13-15 8:55 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Islamic State group militant known as "Jihadi John," who was targeted in a U.S. drone strike, horrified the world with his brutal beheadings of hostages. But his videos, with sneering taunts of the West, served as a recruiting tool for those drawn to the dark, bloody world of extremism.
- John Lennon's guitar sells for $2.4 million at auction Updated: Nov-08-15 2:11 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - An acoustic guitar that John Lennon used to record and write "Love Me Do," ''I Want to Hold Your Hand" and other hit songs sold for $2.4 million at auction.
- Music Review: Steve Forbert's raggedly fresh 'Compromised' Updated: Nov-06-15 3:43 pm
Steve Forbert, "Compromised" (Ridge Rock Music/ADA)