- Rusin bounces back but Rockies fall to Pirates 4-3 Updated: Aug-29-15 11:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Chris Rusin didn't even look at the tape. The struggling Colorado Rockies left-hander didn't need video evidence to remind him of the worst start of his career.
- Ramirez homers, Pirates stay hot in 4-3 win over Rockies Updated: Aug-29-15 11:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez can't really describe it but he can sense it, the feeling that permeates a clubhouse during one of those summers that offers the promise of an even more exciting fall.
- Pirates activate 3B Josh Harrison from disabled list Updated: Aug-21-15 3:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates activated utility player Josh Harrison off the disabled list Friday after a nearly two-month stay following thumb surgery.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Polanco, McCutchen homer in Pirates' 7-5 win over Cubs Updated: Aug-05-15 11:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates looked for Gregory Polanco to give them a spark when they moved him to the top of the batting order last month after leadoff hitter Josh Harrison tore a ligament in his thumb.
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.