- Padres beaten by manager's son-in-law in 2-1 loss to Pirates Updated: Jul-07-15 12:30 am
PITTSBURGH - The San Diego Padres' latest loss was more personal for interim manager Pat Murphy than other defeats.
- Pirates put Josh Harrison on 15-day DL with thumb injury Updated: Jul-06-15 5:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman and leadoff hitter Josh Harrison was placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a left thumb injury.
- Indians shut down by Cole after fast start Updated: Jul-05-15 6:30 pm
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Pirates star McCutchen leaves game with elbow injury Updated: Jun-27-15 5:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen left Saturday's game against Atlanta after getting hit in the left elbow with a pitch.
- Reds outlast Pirates 5-4 in 13 innings on Phillips' homer Updated: Jun-26-15 1:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Guess Brandon Phillips' thumb is OK.
- White Sox waste Samardzija's solid start in 3-2 loss to Bucs Updated: Jun-19-15 1:08 am
CHICAGO - Jeff Samardzija realizes that if he continues to pitch well, it will pay off - eventually. For now, though, the Chicago White Sox's ace remains in a frustrating holding pattern.
- Gerrit Cole wins MLB-best 11th as Pirates top White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jun-19-15 1:02 am
CHICAGO - Gerrit Cole downplayed becoming the majors' first 11-game winner by crediting his Pittsburgh Pirates teammates for his terrific start.
- Pirates sweep Phillies with 1-0 win in 11 innings Updated: Jun-14-15 6:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - The roar began the moment Sean Rodriguez recorded the last out of the ninth inning and only grew louder as A.J. Burnett slowed walked toward the Pittsburgh Pirates dugout.
- Confident South Korean star Kang fitting in with Pirates Updated: Jun-12-15 2:31 am
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang chose the gray T-shirt because he thought it looked cool. That's it. The fact "The Trillest" - a mashup of "true" and "real" that serves as slang for someone considered most authentic - was splashed across the front was purely incidental.