- Rounds and Thune criticize carbon emission reduction plan Updated: Aug-03-15 8:08 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's two Republican U.S. senators are criticizing the Obama administration's plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions from power plants because they say it will hurt jobs and increase electricity rates.
- Disaster declared for 12 South Dakota counties, 3 tribes Updated: Jul-31-15 6:24 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - President Barack Obama has declared a disaster for 12 South Dakota counties and three American Indian reservations that suffered damage during severe storms in late June.
- Finding money for highways is becoming a bipartisan project Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As Congress considers a long-awaited transportation funding bill, some Republican governors as well as Democrats say they aren't waiting to raise or borrow money to fix or build roads, bridges and highways.
- Flags to be flown at half-staff in honor of shooting victims Updated: Jul-21-15 2:53 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard has ordered that flags on state property be flown at half-staff to honor the five service members killed last week in Tennessee.
- South Dakota regulators hold hearing on Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Jul-06-15 10:42 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota residents were split Monday over the merits of allowing the Keystone XL oil pipeline through the state, with some telling regulators the project would be an economic engine but others calling it a grave threat to the environment.