- Obama admin says it won't use Ebola funding to combat Zika Updated: Feb-09-16 7:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Tuesday rejected a Republican suggestion to use money Congress provided to fight the Ebola virus to combat the Zika virus and mosquitoes that spread it.
- Arkansas governor calls meeting 'good start' on Medicaid Updated: Feb-04-16 3:00 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson is calling his meeting with federal officials this week a "good start" to his proposal to add new limitations to the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion.
- White House proposes more money to battle heroin epidemic Updated: Feb-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will propose a significant boost in federal spending to battle the nation's heroin addiction epidemic when the president unveils his budget recommendations next week.
- Bipartisan probe faults gov't with migrant child abuse Updated: Jan-28-16 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Migrant children in the government's care fell prey to human trafficking after the Health and Human Services Department failed to protect them, according to a bipartisan congressional investigation released Thursday.
- Research begins into possibility of a vaccine for Zika virus Updated: Jan-26-16 10:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government is beginning research into a possible vaccine for the mosquito-borne Zika virus that is suspected of causing an unusual birth defect as it spreads in Latin America.
- House GOP subpoenas Treasury's Lew on 'Obamacare' papers Updated: Jan-20-16 6:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Two top House Republicans have subpoenaed Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, seeking documents involving payments to insurance companies to lower out-of-pocket costs for some people enrolled under the Affordable Care Act.