- Column: Goodell riding high, and so is the unstoppable NFL Updated: Feb-04-16 7:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Roger Goodell might as well mail this one in.
- Chairman says Chargers to stay in San Diego in 2016 Updated: Jan-30-16 2:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos said Friday that the team will play in San Diego in 2016, and he'll work with politicians and the business community to try to resolve a long, bitter fight over a new stadium.
- Blues seek St. Louis arena upgrades after departure of Rams Updated: Jan-26-16 12:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues want local governments to renovate their city-owned downtown arena as part of a project that will also upgrade the city's convention center and former home of its recently departed NFL team.
- Events and demonstrations mark MLK Day in St. Louis, Chicago Updated: Jan-18-16 5:49 pm
CHICAGO - Observers from St. Louis to Chicago are marking Martin Luther King Jr. Day with commemorations and demonstrations.
- St. Louis united against common enemy: Stan Kroenke Updated: Jan-18-16 1:11 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis football fans don't have the 49ers or Seahawks to hate anymore. They have a new nemesis: Rams owner Stan Kroenke and the NFL executives who helped take away the team.
- Cards chairman DeWitt says he's met Kroenke "once or twice" Updated: Jan-17-16 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals chairman Bill DeWitt says he has zero insight on the Rams' move to Los Angeles. In fact, he says he's met Rams owner Stan Kroenke only "once or twice."
- Public gets $16.2 million bill for Rams retention effort Updated: Jan-16-16 3:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - An effort to persuade the owner of the St. Louis Rams to keep his team in Missouri by building a new riverfront football stadium not only failed but also left the public on the hook for $16.2 million in expenses.
- Kroenke heralds Rams' return after "long road" back to LA Updated: Jan-15-16 8:34 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Stan Kroenke stepped to the microphones at the Forum with football fans chanting "We love Stan!"
- NFL owners had to act on LA now, and Kroenke had the goods Updated: Jan-14-16 9:51 pm
Painted into a corner by their own doing, NFL owners came up with a semi-solution to the hole in their roster that was Los Angeles.
- Rams face huge tasks before reaping big rewards from LA move Updated: Jan-14-16 1:19 am
LOS ANGELES - When the Rams take the field for their regular season opener in September, they will end the NFL's 21-year journey back to a sprawling, vibrant city that loves both a spectacle and a winner.
- St. Louis mayor: No interest in trying again on NFL Updated: Jan-13-16 4:37 pm
ST. LOUIS - The NFL is abandoning St. Louis again, and this time, the mayor has no interest in trying to bring pro football back.
- With Rams returning to LA, challenges abound for 3 NFL teams Updated: Jan-13-16 12:30 pm
HOUSTON - The Rams belong to Los Angeles once again.
- Column: Play ball with the NFL ... or else Updated: Jan-13-16 9:52 am
As the clock ticked down toward a vote, the NFL Network breathlessly reported on the long line of luxury cars idling outside a suburban Houston hotel waiting to whisk the rich and powerful back to their private jets and onto the next important task. It was not the only time Tuesday's NFL owners' meeting resembled a meeting of old-line mafia families.
- LA ends its 21-year NFL drought with Rams' announced return Updated: Jan-13-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - When the Rams announced their return to the Los Angeles area Tuesday night after 21 years away, hundreds of their long-faithful fans celebrated in the streets from downtown to Inglewood.
- Berglund scores twice in Blues' 5-2 win over Devils Updated: Jan-13-16 12:36 am
ST. LOUIS - Blues forward Patrik Berglund is not at full strength. Not just yet.
- City Hall snubbed in effort to get Chargers' relocation docs Updated: Jan-08-16 11:23 pm
SAN DIEGO - The lead negotiator for the city and county's efforts to keep the San Diego Chargers in town has tried unsuccessfully to obtain a copy of the team's application to relocate to Los Angeles and officials are concerned it might contain inaccuracies.
- A fact check of St. Louis Rams relocation application Updated: Jan-08-16 3:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - NFL owners meet Jan. 12-13 in Houston to decide if any of three teams - the Rams, Chargers and Raiders - will be granted permission to move to suburban Los Angeles. The Rams' relocation application made available this week highlights the benefits of their proposed new stadium in Inglewood, California, and criticizes their current market in St. Louis. Some points are spot on. Others are questionable or misleading:
- St. Louis leaders respond to Rams' 'cruel attack' Updated: Jan-08-16 3:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - With NFL owners days away from potentially choosing which of three teams gets to move to suburban Los Angeles, St. Louis leaders are firing back after the Rams questioned fan support and the economic viability of the St. Louis market in pushing for relocation to California.