- Officials don't want Guantanamo Bay detainees in Kansas Updated: Aug-21-15 9:52 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - Several elected officials from Kansas oppose moving detainees from Guantanamo Bay to Fort Leavenworth, citing the potential economic impact and security.
- Moran touts drones as valuable for creating jobs in Kansas Updated: Aug-19-15 7:22 pm
PARK CITY, Kansas - The nation's top transportation official said Wednesday that while the U.S. government is "on a good path" when it comes to commercial use of drones, concerns remain about their private use.
- Pentagon looks at stateside prisons as alternatives to Gitmo Updated: Aug-15-15 3:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Defense Department is taking another look at the military prison in Kansas and the Navy Brig in South Carolina as it evaluates potential U.S. facilities to house detainees from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, part of the Obama administration's controversial push to close the detention center.
- US representatives from Kansas asked about security threat Updated: Aug-14-15 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Members of Kansas' congressional delegation hesitated Friday when asked during a summit whether the Islamic State group or Russia is more of a threat to the United States today.
- Ex-Senate candidate: Board has ended probe of Facebook posts Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas radiologist who lost a hard-fought primary battle to Republican Sen. Pat Roberts said Monday that the state's medical board has dropped an investigation into whether he violated patient privacy by posting X-ray images of severe medical injuries on Facebook.