- McCain names key campaign staff for 2016 re-election effort Updated: Aug-31-15 9:14 am
PHOENIX - Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain is gearing up for his 2016 re-election effort by naming key members of his campaign staff.
- Dominating TV, Donald Trump a ratings draw Updated: Aug-24-15 3:11 pm
NEW YORK - Opinion polls are one thing, but Nielsen numbers speak more loudly to television executives: Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump's ability to pull in viewers makes him catnip for news programs and wins a level of coverage that feeds on itself.
- Bush family donors gave half of Jeb Bush's presidential cash Updated: Aug-19-15 10:44 am
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's fundraising network is two generations in the making, and it shows.
- Tribal holiday honors Navajo men who stumped Japanese in war Updated: Aug-14-15 7:13 pm
WINDOW ROCK, Arizona - The Navajo Nation is honoring the men who stumped the Japanese in World War II using a code based on their native language.
- UConn hosting weeklong national puppetry festival Updated: Aug-10-15 6:05 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Puppeteers from around the world began descending on the University of Connecticut on Monday to participate in a weeklong festival of all things puppet.
- Trump's criticism of TV host popular with GOP stirs backlash Updated: Aug-10-15 3:35 am
Donald Trump already slammed the president, the Democratic Party and his Republican rivals in the race for the White House, as well as immigrants from Mexico, the Chinese and Sen. John McCain for being a prisoner of war.
- Stewart ends 'Daily Show' with 'moment of Zen,' Springsteen Updated: Aug-07-15 8:29 am
NEW YORK - Jon Stewart said goodbye to "The Daily Show" on Thursday, America's foremost satirist of politicians and the media ushered out by Bruce Springsteen and a reunion of the many colleagues that he worked with during 16 years as host.
- McConnell to Obama: Stop demonizing Iran deal opponents Updated: Aug-06-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is treating his drive to win congressional approval for his nuclear deal with Iran like a political campaign, making attacks on opponents that need to stop, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday.
- GOP activists in swing-state Ohio keen to watch debate Updated: Aug-05-15 4:33 pm
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - For Republican activists in a party stronghold of swing-state Ohio, Thursday night's first major presidential campaign debate in Cleveland will be must-see TV as the GOP starts deciding which candidate to support, volunteer for and write checks to.
- News Guide: A TV star, Trump to take debate's center stage Updated: Aug-05-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has been telling people for nearly three decades that he is what they really need in the White House - a business-hardened deal-maker in chief.
- O'Halleran announces candidacy in 1st Congressional District Updated: Aug-04-15 11:37 am
SEDONA, Arizona - Former state legislator Tom O'Halleran has announced his candidacy for the Democratic nomination in the state's 1st Congressional District.