- Boyle's OT goal lifts Lightning past Islanders 5-4 in Game 3 Updated: May-04-16 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Brian Boyle delivered a hard hit and then took advantage of a lucky carom to get the Tampa Bay Lightning a big playoff win.
- Islanders look to bounce back in Game 3 against Lightning Updated: May-03-16 3:29 am
SYOSSET, New York - The New York Islanders know there are several areas they need to improve to avoid falling behind in their second-round series against Tampa Bay.
- Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1 Updated: Apr-30-16 7:51 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tyler Johnson continues to have postseason success.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Updated: Apr-25-16 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' long playoff drought is over.
- Quine wins it in 2nd OT, Islanders top Panthers 2-1 Updated: Apr-23-16 1:43 am
SUNRISE, Florida - Alan Quine was a newborn when the New York Islanders last won a playoff series. He spent most of this season in the minors. His NHL debut was a mere two weeks ago, the team adding him to the roster as an emergency callup.
- Challenge system takes center stage in NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-18-16 7:31 pm
- Islanders lose 5-2 to flyers, get Panthers in 1st round Updated: Apr-10-16 11:05 pm
- Gionta scores twice to lead Sabres over Islanders in OT Updated: Apr-09-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - For the Buffalo Sabres, the 2015-16 season was about laying the foundation for the future.
- Islanders battle through slew of injuries, make playoffs Updated: Apr-06-16 12:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Losing another player to injury struck a nerve for Jack Capuano. The New York Islanders' coach couldn't remember how many times in recent weeks his team had to finish a game with only five defensemen.
- Islanders clinch playoff spot by beating Capitals in OT Updated: Apr-05-16 11:07 pm
WASHINGTON - All eyes were on Braden Holtby in his first chance to tie Martin Brodeur's single-season wins record. Then, New York Islanders rookie Christopher Gibson stole the show at the other end.