- Many but not all in GOP object as US, Cuba plan embassies Updated: Jul-02-15 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - Loud but hardly universal catcalls from Republicans underscored the obstacles and opportunities ahead as U.S. and Cuban leaders announced an opening of embassies in Havana and Washington and a resumption of diplomatic relations severed the year President Barack Obama was born.
- McCain, Flake send letter to Senate over flight path changes Updated: Jul-01-15 7:35 pm
PHOENIX - Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona have sent a letter to some U.S. Senate committee members about the flight path changes at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Zinke to donate funds from white supremacist Updated: Jun-22-15 8:22 pm
HELENA, Montana - U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke of Montana is among a group of Republicans who received donations from the leader of a white supremacist group cited by Charleston church murder suspect Dylann Roof.
- Sen. Flake to give donations from supremacist to charity Updated: Jun-22-15 5:49 pm
PHOENIX - U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake says he's donating campaign contributions he received from a white supremacist to a charity.
- Senator's son sues Arpaio over investigation into dog deaths Updated: Jun-22-15 5:16 pm
PHOENIX - The son of U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake alleges in a lawsuit that Sheriff Joe Arpaio pursued animal cruelty charges against him to do political damage to the senator and gain publicity for the lawman.
- Republican senator sees US embassy in Havana coming soon Updated: Jun-13-15 8:11 pm
HAVANA - The opening of a U.S. embassy in Cuba for the first in 54 years is "imminent," a U.S. senator said Saturday as he and two other Republicans finished a short visit to Cuba said.
- Senators push for end to military paying NFL to honor troops Updated: Jun-04-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The New England Patriots got $675,000 from the Army National Guard for honoring American troops, including a "True Patriot" program during a halftime show at home games.