- Public defender warns governor of death penalty costs Updated: Aug-26-15 4:20 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The state of Wyoming is bracing to cover the cost of a new death penalty sentencing hearing for a convicted murderer even as a federal court considers whether the state has lost legal standing to seek to put him to death.
- China, US seek 'clean coal' agreement as industry struggles Updated: Aug-25-15 9:58 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. and China officials took a major step Tuesday toward an agreement to advance "clean coal" technologies that purport to reduce the fuel's contribution to climate change - and could offer a potential lifeline for an industry that's seen its fortunes fade.
- Mead not ready to comment on methane plan Updated: Aug-19-15 4:18 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead says he's reviewing the Obama administration's plan to cut methane emissions from U.S. oil and gas production.
- Wyoming brings out the big guns for coal hearing Updated: Aug-13-15 7:25 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming brought out the big guns for Thursday's hearing in Gillette on whether to charge coal companies more to mine on federal lands.
- Obama climate change plan criticized by Wyoming leaders Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The latest version of the Obama administration's plan to fight climate change won't work as promised and instead will drive up electricity rates and cost jobs, Wyoming's governor and congressional delegation said Monday.
- Wyoming, Montana unsatisfied with federal sage grouse plan Updated: Jul-30-15 6:58 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governors of Wyoming and Montana say a federal plan to protect the greater sage grouse is far more restrictive than Western states' own programs to help the struggling species.
- As petition looms, Wyoming panel begins look at legal pot Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's anti-pot governor has a warning for a task force he's named to study the effects of legal marijuana: It CAN happen here.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jul-29-15 3:24 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers: