- McGirt looking for the rare Ohio sweep Updated: Jul-01-16 2:05 am
AKRON, Ohio - William McGirt won his first PGA Tour event at the Memorial. Two hours up the road in Ohio and one month later, he had a three-shot lead after one round of the Bridgestone Invitational. It's a familiar theme, just a different character.
- McGirt goes low in Ohio, leads at Firestone Updated: Jun-30-16 8:43 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Golf in Ohio must bring out the best in William McGirt.
- Webb running out of time for Olympic dream Updated: Jun-28-16 8:17 pm
AKRON, Ohio - One of Karrie Webb's greatest thrills was carrying the Olympic torch on the eve of the Sydney Games in 2000. She had a cousin who played for the Australian women's basketball team in the 1984 Olympics, and she has been a huge fan since then.
- Spieth facing long odds of a better year than '15 Updated: Jun-28-16 6:03 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Any other year, Jordan Spieth would feel this has been a very good season.
- Golf back in the Olympics after 112 years, but for how long? Updated: Jun-28-16 4:37 pm
AKRON, Ohio - For the longest time, golf's biggest headache in preparing for a return to the Olympics was getting a new course built in Rio de Janeiro.
- LA event to be called Genesis Open Updated: Jun-27-16 7:48 am
The PGA Tour event at Riviera in Los Angeles will be called the Genesis Open, the only title sponsor on tour to be known by a specific brand.
- Naval Academy grad Hurley wins Quicken Loans National Updated: Jun-26-16 8:08 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Billy Hurley III held the club in his left hand and fist pumped with his right. The ball disappeared into the hole in front of him as the crowd roared, and Hurley let loose the emotion he'd been holding in.
- PGA Tour cancels Greenbrier Classic amid West Virginia flood Updated: Jun-25-16 8:39 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - The PGA Tour canceled the Greenbrier Classic, scheduled for July 7-10, on Saturday because of devastating flooding in West Virginia.
- Tiger Woods progressing in rehab, still won't set timeline Updated: Jun-22-16 1:12 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Tiger Woods can play soccer with kids and ride a bike but hasn't progressed far enough in his rehab to set a timeline on when he'll return to professional golf.
- Dustin Johnson's US Open win: right penalty, wrong delivery Updated: Jun-21-16 6:12 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - As different as they are, the Masters and U.S. Open had two things in common this year.
- Fowler trying to get his game back at Quicken Loans National Updated: Jun-21-16 4:29 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Rickie Fowler made the most of missing the cut at the U.S. Open and hopes it pays dividends for him at the Quicken Loans National.
- Oakmont among courses defined by major champions Updated: Jun-16-16 3:00 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - One measure of a great golf course is the quality of its champions.
- The 5 toughest US Opens ever Updated: Jun-15-16 2:50 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - The U.S. Open is known as the toughest test in golf, and it usually lives up to its reputation.
- Masters champ Danny Willett takes on 2nd leg of Grand Slam Updated: Jun-14-16 5:42 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - More than five decades of history is enough to remind Masters champion Danny Willett that winning the calendar Grand Slam is unlikely.
- 5 best US Opens played at Oakmont Updated: Jun-13-16 2:45 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Oakmont has hosted the U.S. Open more than any other golf course, and there's a reason.
- A long road and 2 major championships for Angel Cabrera Updated: Jun-10-16 11:39 am
Going a mile in the shoes of Angel Cabrera is just getting started.
- Thai player gets into US Open when Tiger Woods withdraws Updated: Jun-08-16 11:46 am
FAR HILLS, New Jersey - Tiger Woods' decision to sit out the U.S. Open worked out well for a 23-year-old from Thailand who is replacing him.
- Tiger Woods to skip US Open at Oakmont Updated: Jun-07-16 9:03 pm
For the third time in the past six years, the U.S. Open will go on without three-time champion Tiger Woods.