- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer Updated: Jul-06-15 11:38 am
LONDON - Rory McIlroy was on crutches Monday with an ankle injury from playing soccer, leaving in doubt the prospects of golf's No. 1 player defending his British Open title next week at St. Andrews.
- Danny Lee wins Greenbrier Classic in 4-man playoff Updated: Jul-05-15 8:38 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Danny Lee was overcome with nerves after qualifying for a four-man playoff at The Greenbrier Classic.
- Column: Time for golf powers to stand up to Donald Trump Updated: Jul-02-15 6:06 pm
Donald Trump loves Mexicans, he really does.
- Beshear golfs with Tiger Woods in West Virginia Updated: Jul-01-15 2:45 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear played golf with Tiger Woods on Wednesday.
- Spieth cruising, but several big names have work left Updated: Jun-30-15 6:25 pm
Jordan Spieth already has accumulated the second-most FedEx Cup points in the regular season, and there's still two majors, a World Golf Championship and the John Deere Classic on his schedule before the playoffs begin.
- Golf halfway through year: Turnover at warp speed Updated: Jun-30-15 3:45 pm
The No. 1 player in golf already has three wins in 2015, including a World Golf Championship, and he has finished in the top 10 at both majors.
- Spieth might be best thing to happen to Chambers Updated: Jun-23-15 4:33 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The course that was built for a U.S. Open needs a makeover.
- Local caddie Michael Greller savors Jordan Spieth's title Updated: Jun-22-15 12:56 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Michael Greller once hauled two golf bags around Chambers Bay in the mornings, then did it again with another in the afternoon, just to make a couple hundred bucks.
- Spieth wins a stunner at Chambers Bay for US Open title Updated: Jun-22-15 12:23 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Jordan Spieth is halfway home to the Grand Slam, a prize only three of the biggest names in modern golf have ever chased.
- The Latest: Leaders on course for final round of US Open Updated: Jun-21-15 6:05 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The latest from the U.S. Open (all times local):
- 5 toughest performances in US Open history Updated: Jun-21-15 1:54 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Jason Day felt wobbly when he bent over and stood up, when he looked at his target and then back at his ball. One step at a time, he pushed himself around Chambers Bay in the third round of the U.S. Open until he had a 68 and a share of the lead.
- Day shoots 68, finishes at 4 under after 3rd round of Open Updated: Jun-20-15 11:08 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Never has Jason Day played so well feeling so miserable.
- Kaymer, Fowler among big names headed home from US Open Updated: Jun-20-15 12:51 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Martin Kaymer was in trouble when he arrived at the 10th hole during the second round of the U.S. Open. Then the situation got much worse for the defending champion.
- Another day, another round in the 80s for Tiger Woods Updated: Jun-19-15 12:08 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The U.S. Open used to be the place Tiger Woods showed why he was the best.
- Defending champion Martin Kaymer forgotten man at US Open Updated: Jun-17-15 2:45 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Rarely has a two-time major winner and defending U.S. Open champion walked down a fairway in such as relative anonymity as Martin Kaymer did Tuesday afternoon at Chambers Bay.
- For a 15-year-old Texan, an early taste of a tough test Updated: Jun-16-15 7:51 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - He wasn't old enough to drive a car and could barely see over the steering wheel, anyway. The 15-year-old was devoted to golf, and even though he had never so much as entered a USGA event, he tried to qualify for the U.S. Open to see how his game stacked up.
- Masters behind him, Spieth looking for next goal Updated: Jun-15-15 8:33 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Jordan Spieth was home last week in Dallas when he slipped into his green jacket from Augusta National.
- Low expectations as Fox gets a crack at Tiger Updated: Jun-14-15 1:24 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - New to golf broadcasting, Fox Sports also gets its first crack at Tiger Woods. And the two primary voices at the U.S. Open, including Greg Norman, don't have high expectations for him at Chambers Bay.
- US Open trivia quiz Updated: Jun-12-15 5:18 pm
How well do you know the U.S. Open? Try this trivia quiz:
- Prime-time viewing for Woods, Spieth at US Open Updated: Jun-12-15 4:51 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The opening round of Tiger Woods and Masters champion Jordan Spieth will be televised in prime time.
- What to watch for at the US Open Updated: Jun-12-15 11:45 am
And to think only 15 years ago, gravel was being mined from a pit that is now a public course hosting the 115th U.S. Open.
- Langer ties course record, leads Senior Players Championship Updated: Jun-11-15 7:48 pm
BELMONT, Massachusetts - Bernhard Langer wasn't sure what to expect from unfamiliar confines on Thursday, but that didn't keep him from making history.
- Nicklaus talks Tiger, but questions change to what's wrong Updated: Jun-09-15 6:09 pm
- Lingmerth doesn't crack and wins the Memorial Updated: Jun-08-15 2:05 am
DUBLIN, Ohio - David Lingmerth stood over a short par putt on the third playoff hole at the Memorial and finally knew exactly what it meant.
- Tiger Woods humbled, but not in panic, over his 85 Updated: Jun-07-15 1:05 pm
DUBLIN, Ohio - One day after the worst score of his career, Tiger Woods played the final round of the Memorial just like it was any other Sunday.