- San Diego mayor says he won't run for California governor Updated: May-24-16 8:57 pm
SAN DIEGO - Kevin Faulconer said Tuesday that he won't run for governor of California in 2018 if re-elected mayor of San Diego, depriving Republicans of one of its better-known names in a potentially crowded Democratic field.
- Sanders raises money for California Senate candidate Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is urging his network of donors to contribute to a candidate for the California state Senate.
- California Senate approves sweeping gun-control measures Updated: May-19-16 8:30 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Democrats in the California Senate approved a wide-ranging series of gun control bills Thursday, reviving an effort to significantly tighten California's already strict gun laws in the wake of last year's terrorist attack in San Bernardino.
- The Latest: California Senate backs strict gun restrictions Updated: May-19-16 2:45 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The latest on the California Senate's gun-control debate (all times are local):
- Correction: California Marijuana Legalization story Updated: May-05-16 1:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - In a story May 4 about a campaign to legalize marijuana in California, The Associated Press misspelled the surname of the state's lieutenant governor in one reference. He is Gavin Newsom, not Newson.
- The Latest: Pot legalization backers tout safety message Updated: May-04-16 6:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on a marijuana legalization initiative proposed for the November ballot (all times local):