- De La Rosa strikes out 10, Diamondbacks beat Cards 3-0 Updated: Apr-29-16 1:41 am
PHOENIX - Rubby De La Rosa's reputation as a slow worker on the mound could be going away after Thursday night's performance.
- Gyorko leads Cardinals' hit parade in 8-5 win against Padres Updated: Apr-24-16 9:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jedd Gyorko didn't mind being booed when he returned to San Diego with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- After delay, Cardinals beat Cubs 5-3 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-20-16 9:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis right-hander Carlos Martinez is ready to show his appreciation to outfielder Randal Grichuk.
- Cardinals struggle again in loss to Cubs Updated: Apr-20-16 1:10 am
- Heyward to Cardinals fans: Bring on the boos Updated: Apr-18-16 8:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward expected a harsh reception from St. Louis Cardinals fans. He sort of looked forward to it, and even took off his helmet in acknowledgement when he heard the boos before his first at-bat.
- Ruben Tejada activated from disabled list by Cardinals Updated: Apr-18-16 6:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals shortstop Ruben Tejada has been activated from the 15-day disabled list after recovering from a strained left quadriceps, which he hurt in the last game of spring training.
- Eric Fryer's 3 hits leads Cardinals over Reds 4-3 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - Given a rare chance to start, Eric Fryer showed the St. Louis Cardinals what he is capable of.
- Jaime Garcia pitches 1-hitter as Cardinals beat Brewers 7-0 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia was simply dominant against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Moss, Carpenter hit 3-run HRs as Cardinals top Braves 12-7 Updated: Apr-10-16 6:54 pm
ATLANTA - Adam Wainwright was frustrated by his second straight unimpressive start.
- Braves' Winkler breaks elbow in 12-7 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-10-16 6:36 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta right-hander Dan Winkler broke his elbow throwing a pitch in a 12-7 loss to St. Louis on Sunday.
- Freese gets 1st hit of new MLB season, Tulowitzki has 1st HR Updated: Apr-03-16 7:04 pm
David Freese of the Pirates got the first hit of the new Major League Baseball season and Toronto star Troy Tulowitzki hit the first home run.
- Baseball's crystal ball: Colorful bats, rejiggered rotations Updated: Apr-01-16 6:16 pm
Neon green bats with lightning bolts, helmets paying homage to Cal, Clemente and Cool Papa Bell. A rotation full of relievers, a designated runner for pitchers.
- Wacha goes 5 scoreless innings in Cards' win over Marlins Updated: Mar-30-16 6:29 pm
JUPITER, Florida - The St. Louis Cardinals employed the same formula they used to win 100 games last season - good starting pitching, enough timely hitting and Trevor Rosenthal closing out the game - to defeat the Miami Marlins 3-0 on Wednesday in both teams' final game at the spring training complex they share.