- Garcia effort wasted in Cardinals' 1-0 loss to Brewers Updated: Jun-02-15 1:05 am
ST. LOUIS - In all three of Jaime Garcia's starts, the left-hander has given the St. Louis Cardinals a chance to win. He's not even thinking about the shoulder woes that have cost him much of the last two seasons.
- Brewers shut down Cardinals 1-0 Updated: Jun-02-15 12:26 am
ST. LOUIS - A day after tying a franchise record by using nine pitchers in a 17-inning game, manager Craig Counsell was bold in using his bullpen again.
- Cardinals activate Jay from DL, but not in lineup Updated: May-29-15 7:40 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals activated outfielder Jon Jay from the 15-day disabled list but did not have him in the lineup against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Grichuk could cut into Jay's playing time for Cardinals Updated: May-28-15 6:29 pm
- Cardinals place Adams on DL, recall C Ed Easley Updated: May-28-15 12:20 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams could miss the rest of the season with a strained right quadriceps and will undergo surgery Friday.
- Wacha improves to 7-0, Cards end 3-game skid by beating KC Updated: May-24-15 7:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When Michael Wacha is on the mound, Matt Carpenter and the St. Louis Cardinals like their chances.
- Cardinals slowed by Royals, rain in 3-2 loss Updated: May-24-15 12:05 am
- Cardinals send Tuivailala to minors, opening spot for Garcia Updated: May-21-15 1:09 pm
- For more skippers, no prior managing experience required Updated: May-18-15 12:09 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell played 15 years in the majors, scouted and has worked with minor league players and coaches. But he never coached or managed in the minors or majors before taking over as Milwaukee's manager for Brewers general manager Doug Melvin.
- Cardinals' Holliday leaves game after being hit by pitch Updated: May-13-15 7:44 pm
- Cardinals 3B Carpenter sidelined this weekend with fatigue Updated: May-08-15 6:30 pm
- Lackey drives in run to lead Cardinals over Cubs 5-1 Updated: May-07-15 5:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey gave the St. Louis Cardinals bullpen a much needed break. He made his own breaks, too.
- Cardinals win in extras again, beat Pirates 3-2 in 14 Updated: May-03-15 8:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong went up there hacking. Starting a rally wouldn't satisfy.