- Cardinals C Molina out of lineup for Game 4 of NLDS Updated: Oct-13-15 2:29 pm
CHICAGO - St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina is out of the lineup for Game 4 of the NL Division Series because of weakness in his left thumb.
- Cardinals manager Matheny trying MLB-approved iPad in dugout Updated: Oct-13-15 2:59 am
CHICAGO - When St. Louis manager Mike Matheny has to make a pivotal decision in the playoffs, he can pull a scouting report from his pocket. He can ask a coach to look at notes the Cardinals brought to the bench.
- Cardinals fall to Arrieta, Cubs 8-6, trail 2-1 in NLDS Updated: Oct-12-15 11:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Heyward and the St. Louis Cardinals did exactly what they wanted to do against Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs hit 6 home runs, top Cardinals 8-6 for 2-1 lead in NLDS Updated: Oct-12-15 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The young sluggers of the Chicago Cubs are making themselves at home in the playoffs.
- Clean slide or dirty play? The take on Utley's takeout Updated: Oct-11-15 10:46 pm
NEW YORK - This much is certain: Anyone who bemoans that baseball's gone soft never covered second base with Chase Utley bearing down on a potential double play.
- Cubs put squeeze on Cardinals, even NLDS with 6-3 win Updated: Oct-10-15 10:05 pm
- NLDS gives Cubs, Cardinals chance to make new memories Updated: Oct-09-15 3:26 am
ST. LOUIS - Joe Maddon stepped to the podium spouting names of obscure Cardinals from the past.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Molina on Cardinals' roster, will play wearing splint Updated: Oct-08-15 4:43 pm
ST. LOUIS - All-Star catcher Yadier Molina is on the St. Louis Cardinals' roster for the NL Division Series against the Chicago Cubs and will play wearing a splint to protect a strained ligament in his left thumb.
- Carpenter's career-high 28 homers boost Cardinals offense Updated: Oct-07-15 6:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Matt Carpenter really muscled up this season. The St. Louis Cardinals leadoff man hit 28 homers, more than his first three major league seasons combined.
- Besides Lackey in Game 1, Matheny mum on rotation Updated: Oct-07-15 5:04 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey gets the start in Game 1 of the NL Division Series for the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Garcia not concerned over losing 4-inning start Updated: Oct-03-15 12:36 am
ATLANTA - Jamie Garcia wasn't discouraged after pitching his shortest outing in more than two years.
- Teheran, Castro lead Braves past Cardinals Updated: Oct-02-15 11:48 pm
ATLANTA - Julio Teheran closed out the regular season just the way he wanted.
- Cardinals rout Pirates, clinch 3rd straight NL Central title Updated: Sep-30-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - The celebration has become a fall ritual for the St. Louis Cardinals. The champagne showers. The rowdy sing-alongs. The giddy clubhouse joy.
- Cardinals outfielder Piscotty injured in violent collision Updated: Sep-28-15 11:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - St. Louis Cardinals rookie Stephen Piscotty was carted off the field Monday night following a violent collision with teammate Peter Bourjos.
- Cardinals shutting down Martinez with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-26-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez is done for the year because of a shoulder strain.
- Cards' Martinez lifted after 7 pitches with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-25-15 8:53 pm
- Carpenter homers twice as Cardinals rout Reds 10-2 Updated: Sep-24-15 1:35 am
ST. LOUIS - Lance Lynn returned to form and Matt Holliday returned to the lineup for the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night.
- Molina exits with thumb sprain as Cardinals beat Cubs 4-3 Updated: Sep-20-15 7:39 pm
CHICAGO - Addison Russell's fly ball in the eighth inning Sunday might be the most important play in baseball so far this year.
- Matheny, Belisle ejected from game with Cubs Updated: Sep-18-15 8:01 pm
- Lackey, Cardinals sweep; Brewers pitcher Nelson hurt Updated: Sep-18-15 12:49 am
MILWAUKEE - Startled at the sight of his line drive hitting Brewers pitcher Jimmy Nelson in the head, Tommy Pham felt himself freeze for a moment.
- Cardinals activate Matt Holliday from DL after quad strain Updated: Sep-15-15 7:58 pm
MILWAUKEE - The St. Louis Cardinals activated outfielder Matt Holliday from the 15-day disabled list in time for a series against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Cardinals beat Reds 9-2 and avoid sweep Updated: Sep-13-15 4:51 pm