- Johnson says Olympic meeting clears up some concerns on Rio Updated: Jun-29-16 7:12 pm
AKRON, Ohio - U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson is planning to play in the Olympics, and he said a meeting with USA Golf helped clear up a few concerns.
- Iconic West Virginia resort turns shelter for flood refugees Updated: Jun-29-16 3:50 am
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - It could be a month or two until an iconic West Virginia resort reopens after deadly, damaging floods, but its maimed championship golf course may not be ready for play much before the PGA Tour rolls through next July, resort owner Jim Justice said.
- Webb running out of time for Olympic dream Updated: Jun-28-16 8:17 pm
AKRON, Ohio - One of Karrie Webb's greatest thrills was carrying the Olympic torch on the eve of the Sydney Games in 2000. She had a cousin who played for the Australian women's basketball team in the 1984 Olympics, and she has been a huge fan since then.
- Golf back in the Olympics after 112 years, but for how long? Updated: Jun-28-16 4:37 pm
AKRON, Ohio - For the longest time, golf's biggest headache in preparing for a return to the Olympics was getting a new course built in Rio de Janeiro.
- Top-ranked Jason Day skipping Rio Olympics because of Zika Updated: Jun-28-16 12:33 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Jason Day pulled out of the Olympics on Tuesday because of the Zika virus, costing golf its No. 1 player as it returns from a century-long absence at the games.
- LA event to be called Genesis Open Updated: Jun-27-16 7:48 am
The PGA Tour event at Riviera in Los Angeles will be called the Genesis Open, the only title sponsor on tour to be known by a specific brand.
- 1 boy dead, another missing as storms hit West Virginia Updated: Jun-23-16 9:35 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An 8-year-old boy died after being swept away in swift water and another boy was missing as bands of strong thunderstorms pounded West Virginia with heavy rains and whipping winds Thursday.
- Column: Open so messy Oakmont squirrel will need a makeover Updated: Jun-17-16 9:55 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - This U.S. Open has become such a slog that by the time it's over, the Oakmont Country Club logo will need a makeover. The suggestion here is swap out the squirrel holding a ball for a golfer waving a white flag.
- Pushing the 'Restart' Button for Round 1 of US Open Updated: Jun-17-16 3:27 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Might as well hit the "restart" button on this U.S. Open.