- Review: An app comes to life in "The Angry Birds Movie" Updated: May-16-16 8:11 pm
It's hard not to have a few biases going into "The Angry Birds Movie ." In the most cynical view of what gets made in Hollywood, an addictive app might just be at the bottom of the pile, languishing there in suspicious squalor with movies adapted from board games and amusement park rides.
- Woody Allen opens Cannes; son resurrects sex abuse questions Updated: May-11-16 5:02 pm
CANNES, France - The 69th Cannes Film Festival opened Wednesday with stormy skies, heightened security, the premiere of a new Woody Allen film and resurrected sex abuse allegations against the 80-year-old director regarding his adoptive daughter, Dylan Farrow.
- Cannes, on high alert, tries to balance security, festivity Updated: May-10-16 2:34 pm
CANNES, France - Coming six months after the Paris attacks in November, the 69th Cannes Film Festival has elevated security measures, swarming the French Riviera resort town with an increased police presence. But particular care has been made, festival organizers say, to preserving the spirit of the annual cinema celebration.
- Actor optimistic about possible extradition of 'El Chapo' Updated: May-10-16 12:01 am
MEXICO CITY - For the actor holding the rights to make a movie about Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the latest step toward his eventual extradition to the U.S. is a welcome turn.
- Sean Penn settles defamation suit against Lee Daniels Updated: May-04-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - "Empire" co-creator Lee Daniels apologized to Sean Penn in a statement made public Wednesday as part of a confidential settlement in a defamation lawsuit over comments Daniels made comparing the actor to the show's star Terrence Howard, who's been repeatedly accused of domestic violence.
- TV series focusing on drug lord 'El Chapo' in development Updated: May-03-16 8:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - The History Channel says it's developing a drama series focusing on the drug lord known as "El Chapo."