- Christie signs New Jersey's $34.5B budget into law Updated: Jun-30-16 10:22 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's Republican Gov. Chris Christie has signed a $34.5 billion budget into effect.
- Christie's gas tax proposal hits a snag in New Jersey Senate Updated: Jun-30-16 10:04 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's fund for road, bridge and transit work inched closer to running dry Thursday after the Democrat-led Senate scrapped any votes on Republican Gov. Chris Christie's plan to hike the gas tax by 23 cents while cutting the sales tax.
- Christie says his school-funding plan will save money Updated: Jun-28-16 7:10 pm
WALL TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie continued to seek public support for his school funding plan, telling a Wall Township audience Tuesday that his proposal would save them money and improve education for all New Jersey students.
- Trump's Muslim ban: From simple clarity to plain confusion Updated: Jun-28-16 8:06 am
NEW YORK - From the moment he first declared it, the plan has been a signature of his campaign for president: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
- Christie backs plan to hike gas tax, cut sales tax Updated: Jun-28-16 1:54 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - In an early morning vote Tuesday the Democrat-led Assembly, with Republican Gov. Chris Christie' support, passed sweeping legislation to raise New Jersey's gasoline tax by 23 cents per gallon while funding road and bridge work and slashing the sales tax from 7 percent to 6 percent.
- The Latest: Assembly passes Christie-backed transport plan Updated: Jun-28-16 1:07 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on New Jersey's (all times local):
- 2 unions, NJ Transit reach tentative deals on rail contracts Updated: Jun-25-16 5:10 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The two remaining rail unions negotiating with New Jersey Transit have reached tentative agreements with the agency, all sides confirmed Saturday.
- Bill raising New Jersey's minimum wage goes to Christie Updated: Jun-23-16 6:16 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers on Thursday passed legislation that would raise the state's minimum wage to $10.10 in the next year and to at least $15 over the next five years.
- Raimondo says she'll sign school recess mandate Updated: Jun-22-16 4:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo said Wednesday she'll sign a bill mandating at least 20 minutes of recess at elementary schools, joking that her kids would be mad if she rejected it.
- Christie calls for equal funding per student in New Jersey Updated: Jun-21-16 5:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday proposed redistributing billions of dollars in educational aid from the poorest districts to hundreds of other schools, calling the current funding formula "immoral" and a factor in the state's highest-in-the nation property taxes.
- New Jersey lawmakers, others say hit brakes on fuel tax hike Updated: Jun-18-16 11:13 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Not so fast.
- Md.'s GOP governor says he doesn't plan to vote for Trump Updated: Jun-15-16 6:42 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said Wednesday that he will not vote for his party's presumptive presidential candidate, Donald Trump.
- Haslam still not prepared to endorse Trump after meeting Updated: Jun-15-16 5:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam still isn't ready to endorse Donald Trump after a New York meeting he helped organize with the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
- PSE&G touts new power plant at Sandy-battered facility Updated: Jun-14-16 5:06 pm
WOODBRIDGE, New Jersey - New Jersey's largest utility is touting a new power plant that's being built at a facility that was severely damaged by Superstorm Sandy.
- The Latest: Judge refuses to toss indictment in bridge case Updated: Jun-14-16 4:04 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Latest on the criminal case stemming from the 2013 George Washington Bridge lane closures (all times local):
- Christie: Nightclub attack should produce military response Updated: Jun-14-16 12:16 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Sunday's deadly attack at a gay nightclub in Orlando should prompt an overseas military response.
- On a trip to the beach, Christie heckled for Trump support Updated: Jun-10-16 4:29 pm
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's stroll along the boardwalk in Asbury Park was interrupted by some beachgoers heckling him for his support of Donald Trump.
- New Jersey mayor changes party over Trump comments Updated: Jun-10-16 10:28 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Two Republican officials in New Jersey switched political parties over what they said are racist comments made by presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Christie says he performed 'Hotel California' duet with Bono Updated: Jun-09-16 1:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he once performed a duet of "Hotel California" with U2 frontman Bono at a party hosted by the king of Jordan.
- The Latest: Sanders wins Democratic primary in Montana Updated: Jun-08-16 2:14 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota vote. (all times Eastern):
- Incumbents victorious in New Jersey's House primary Updated: Jun-07-16 11:10 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's incumbent U.S. representatives had a winning night in New Jersey, including Rep. Donald Norcross who fended off a political newcomer in southern New Jersey's 1st District.
- The Latest: Man Christie told to 'sit down, shut up' loses Updated: Jun-07-16 10:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on New Jersey's primaries (all times local):
- Gov. Chris Christie: Donald Trump is not a racist Updated: Jun-07-16 6:26 pm
MENDHAM, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday would not criticize Donald Trump's comments about an American-born federal judge of Mexican heritage and said that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is not a racist.
- Chris Christie has Trump's esteem but is scorned at home Updated: Jun-05-16 1:35 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie had hoped the New Jersey primaries Tuesday would be the day home state voters endorsed his Republican presidential candidacy.
- For New Jersey voters, it's time to head to the polls Updated: Jun-04-16 11:29 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Democrats and Republicans go to the polls Tuesday to pick their party's candidates for president and in 12 U.S. House races.