- Vermont a 'Super Tuesday' state in presidential primary Updated: Feb-13-16 9:19 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - With favorite son Bernie Sanders on the ballot Vermonters will get a chance to double-dip on March 1, when the state's Super Tuesday presidential primary coincides with the annual Town Meeting Day.
- Congressional delegation supports storm disaster declaration Updated: Feb-12-16 2:57 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's congressional delegation is calling on President Barack Obama to support the state's request for disaster assistance to pay for last month's winter storm.
- Christie seeks federal relief for January snowstorm Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is asking the federal government for disaster assistance to help New Jersey pay for last month's winter storm.
- New Jersey Senate passes new Port Authority overhaul bill Updated: Feb-11-16 4:24 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey Senate has passed legislation to overhaul the bistate agency that controls the New York City region's airports, bridges and tunnels, though the measure differs from reforms passed in New York.
- New Jersey lawmakers ask why only $15M for flood protection Updated: Feb-11-16 2:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers on Thursday were left scratching their heads wondering why the state got only $15 million in federal flood protection funding.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- AP News Guide: A big validation for Sanders, Trump Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - It's getting harder to shake off Donald Trump as just a hot-air balloon and Bernie Sanders as a pie-in-the-sky political revolutionary.
- Sweeney plans ballot question on phasing in $15 minimum wage Updated: Feb-09-16 4:20 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's minimum wage would rise to $15 over eight years and employers who pay above the rate could qualify for a tax credit under a proposal unveiled Tuesday by Senate President Steve Sweeney.
- Maine's gov: Trump owes me for showing how to be outspoken Updated: Feb-09-16 2:15 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage said Tuesday that fellow Republican Donald Trump owes him for paving the way when it comes to being outspoken.
- New Hampshire voters take to polls in 1st-in-nation primary Updated: Feb-09-16 1:41 pm
New Hampshire hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, featuring candidates for the Republican and Democratic nomination. Of the state's 1.33 million residents, more than 870,000 residents are registered to vote. Polls started opening at 7 a.m., except for a handful of communities that begin voting just after midnight. In Dixville Notch, voters in that tiny town gave Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich two votes, Republican Donald Trump got two and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders won four votes for his Democratic bid.
- WATCHING TUESDAY: NH existential test for Trump's candidacy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Which candidate is "the best," who's the most experienced, who's a revolutionary and who's a robot?
- Primary puts values of retail campaigning to the test Updated: Feb-09-16 3:56 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump upended the traditions of New Hampshire campaigning when he opted for mega-rallies over living room conversations and diner stops, spending less time in the first primary state than any of his rivals. Yet the businessman goes into the state's Tuesday primary with the hope of clinching his first win.
- Travel fund for Kasich security tops $350K Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The cost of Ohio Gov. John Kasich's security detail has skyrocketed since the Republican governor began running for president last year.
- North Jersey casino vote bill advances without key details Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A plan to let New Jersey voters decide in November whether to authorize two new casinos in the northern part of the state is moving forward in the Legislature.
- Governor, health officials sued over Ebola quarantines Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Several people quarantined in Connecticut after returning from West Africa during the Ebola epidemic in 2014 were essentially imprisoned illegally under a state policy based on politics, not science, according to a lawsuit they filed on Monday.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored among NY voters Updated: Feb-08-16 10:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A new poll shows Hillary Clinton favored by registered New York Democrats while Donald Trump leads among Republicans voters in the state.
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump not stirred Updated: Feb-08-16 7:51 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - There have been no higher stakes on a Republican debate stage in the 2016 campaign for president than there were Saturday night.
- Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view Updated: Feb-08-16 3:35 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Ann and Jon Vitti hopped on a flight from Los Angeles to snowy New Hampshire to witness firsthand what they can't see on their TV: The more personal side of presidential politics.
- AP FACT CHECK: Fumbles from the Republican field Updated: Feb-08-16 1:13 am
WASHINGTON - What happened in Iowa didn't stay in Iowa. And when it reached the stage in the latest Republican presidential debate, Ted Cruz had some explaining to do.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Bridge case defendants can subpoena Christie office docs Updated: Feb-05-16 4:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The two former allies of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie charged in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case will get a second chance to force the release of documents from the law firm whose taxpayer-funded 2014 report absolved Christie of blame.
- Massachusetts Gov. Baker endorses Christie in GOP primary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker endorsed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the Republican presidential primary on Friday, arguing that Christie is best suited to govern in Washington's highly partisan environment.
- Md. Gov. Hogan to campaign for Christie in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is planning to campaign for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in New Hampshire this weekend.