- Atlantic City rescue package goes to Christie Updated: May-26-16 5:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers on Thursday sent Gov. Chris Christie legislation to keep Atlantic City from running out of cash, throwing the financially strapped resort a life preserver just before the unofficial start to summer this weekend.
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks Updated: May-26-16 4:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawmakers in New Jersey have sent a measure to Gov. Chris Christie's desk to ban smoking at public beaches and parks.
- 2 new casinos near NYC could save, or destroy, Atlantic City Updated: May-26-16 11:53 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two new casinos proposed for northern New Jersey near New York City could save, or destroy, Atlantic City, panelists at a major casino conference said Thursday.
- The Latest: Wall Street shares AC's casino expansion concern Updated: May-26-16 11:15 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on the debate over expanding casinos into northern New Jersey, near New York City (all times local):
- Christie says Atlantic City deal has authority he needs Updated: May-25-16 9:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie said Wednesday a deal to rescue Atlantic City that advanced in the Legislature this week contains the authority he would need to help the struggling resort town, but he stopped short of saying he would sign it.
- New Jersey set to try again on beach, park smoking bans Updated: May-24-16 3:42 pm
BELMAR, New Jersey - Measures to restrict smoking at public beaches and ban it entirely at parks are scheduled for a vote in the New Jersey Legislature.
- Despite money woes, Atlantic City's attractions still open Updated: May-24-16 12:10 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately, with words like "bankruptcy" ''crisis" and "broke" figuring prominently.
- Christie rejects Port Authority reforms, sending alternative Updated: May-23-16 4:39 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Monday rejected New Jersey lawmakers' latest efforts to reform the powerful bistate entity that controls the region's airports, bridges and tunnels. But a key Democratic state senator said it's time to accept an overhaul enacted in New York that Christie supports.
- Election is a year away, yet 2017 governor's race is on Updated: May-21-16 2:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Get ready, New Jersey, for more political sniping, increased jockeying on big issues and a jump in the millions of dollars politicians and supporters pour into the races.
- Trump says fundraiser paid down Christie's campaign debt Updated: May-19-16 9:54 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has paid off all of his campaign debt from a failed presidential bid with proceeds of a fundraiser.
- School in twin astronauts' hometown renamed in their honor Updated: May-19-16 5:32 pm
WEST ORANGE, New Jersey - A New Jersey school is so proud of two of its most famous alumni that it's taking their name.
- Trump comes to financial rescue for Christie, NJ GOP Updated: May-18-16 1:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump is helping dig former rival Chris Christie and the New Jersey Republican Party out of big debt they incurred from the George Washington Bridge scandal and the governor's presidential campaign.
- Christie skips Obama to watch son play for Ivy League title Updated: May-13-16 6:42 pm
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie will skip Democratic President Barack Obama's commencement address at Rutgers University because of baseball, not politics.
- Christie to plan early days of possible Trump White House Updated: May-11-16 5:58 pm
WEST TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says as chairman of fellow Republican Donald Trump's White House transition team he will be in charge of assembling a team of people to plan for the first 200 days of the administration and filling 4,000 federal jobs.
- Parents turn to doctors, lawmakers to save school recess Updated: May-11-16 12:24 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - When parents tell Dr. Gregory Fox their boisterous child was stuck in a classroom all day, the Rhode Island pediatrician takes out his notepad and writes a doctor's order to send to school.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: May-11-16 10:52 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- AP Interview: Trump down to 5 or 6 choices for VP Updated: May-11-16 10:33 am
NEW YORK - Shifting swiftly to the general election, Donald Trump says he's narrowed his list of potential running mates to "five or six" people and doesn't want to accept taxpayer money to finance a fall campaign against likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics Updated: May-10-16 2:34 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers has raised more than $50 million since the start of the year in its campaign to build new athletic facilities and upgrade others in a bid to become more competitive in the Big Ten Conference.
- Cooper Medical School holds first graduation in Camden Updated: May-09-16 2:11 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Cooper Medical School of Rowan University has held its first commencement ceremony.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich keeps low profile since ending 2016 bid Updated: May-09-16 12:12 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich has quickly transitioned from being in the public spotlight to keeping a low profile.
- Rhode Island considers requiring preschools to test for lead Updated: May-08-16 2:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state lawmaker has introduced a bill that would require all Rhode Island preschools to test their tap water each year for lead.
- The Latest: Christie wants lawmakers to move past AC drama Updated: May-05-16 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's finances (all times local):
- Christie opens music hall, invokes his love of the 'Boss' Updated: May-05-16 2:30 pm
PRINCETON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie connected his love for Bruce Springsteen to the importance of arts education as he marked the opening of a university music hall.
- Trump opens campaign headquarters in New Jersey Updated: May-03-16 10:04 pm
EDISON, New Jersey - At least 100 people waited in misty rain and cool temperatures for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's campaign office opening in New Jersey.
- ACLU asks Christie to reconsider exiting refugee program Updated: May-03-16 5:04 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey is calling on Republican Gov. Chris Christie to reconsider withdrawing from a federal refugee resettlement program.