- Education Secretary, Attorney General going to reading event Updated: Jul-29-15 4:23 am
WASHINGTON - Several high-profile government officials are visiting an elementary school in Washington to support summer reading and physical activity.
- Lawmakers: VA hid details as budget crisis loomed Updated: Jul-22-15 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers from both parties accused the Department of Veterans Affairs Wednesday of hiding details of a budget crisis that could force the shutdown of some VA hospitals next month.
- Ohio senator: Veterans Affairs police need broader authority Updated: Jul-17-15 1:26 pm
CINCINNATI - U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown wants Veterans Affairs police designated as law enforcement officers with authority beyond VA property, citing an Ohio case in which a shooter fled a medical center.
- VA director tells lawmakers Greenbrier clinic will reopen Updated: Jul-17-15 1:25 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's congressional delegation says the top Veterans Affairs official has committed to reopen a health clinic in Greenbrier County.
- Lawmakers concerned about Greenbelt veterans clinic closure Updated: Jul-10-15 12:08 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers are calling the closure of a Greenbelt outpatient clinic in September without a replacement plan "a step in the wrong direction."