- Feds: Connecticut ended chronic homelessness among veterans Updated: Aug-27-15 5:32 pm
NEWINGTON, Connecticut - The federal government has declared Connecticut the first state in the country to end chronic homelessness among veterans, officials announced Thursday.
- VA secretary pays tribute to WWII Alaska Native militia Updated: Aug-12-15 7:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert McDonald paid tribute Wednesday to those who served in the Alaska Territorial Guard during World War II.
- House veterans chairman: VA should fire bad workers faster Updated: Aug-10-15 5:52 pm
DENVER - The chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee said Monday the troubled VA should fire problem employees faster and that Congress should make it easier for the entire government to dismiss bad workers.
- Senator: VA investigating scheduling irregularities in Ohio Updated: Aug-08-15 1:50 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio senator's office says the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is investigating delayed appointments for pulmonary care patients at a southwestern Ohio VA.
- Education Secretary, Attorney General going to reading event Updated: Jul-29-15 4:23 am
WASHINGTON - Several high-profile government officials are visiting an elementary school in Washington to support summer reading and physical activity.