- New York art collector to pay $7M to settle tax evasion case Updated: May-03-16 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - A prominent art collector and real estate developer has agreed to pay $7 million to settle allegations he failed to pay taxes on about $80 million worth of art, the state attorney general said Tuesday.
- NY criminal justice reforms credited with safety gains Updated: May-02-16 4:50 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's prisons hold one-third of the drug offenders they did before lawmakers began rolling back the stiff penalties imposed under Rockefeller-era drug laws, now sending more defendants to treatment programs, the state attorney general said Monday.
- NY governor gives AG power to probe officer's fatal shooting Updated: May-01-16 11:12 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has gotten the go ahead to probe whether local law enforcers broke the law investigating a fatal shooting by a police officer.
- New York's fraud suit against Trump University moves forward Updated: Apr-26-16 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - New York state's fraud suit against Trump University is moving along.
- NYC mayor promises Board of Elections money for reforms Updated: Apr-25-16 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says he'll give the city's embattled Board of Elections $20 million if the board agrees to reforms.
- NYC primary voter complaints draw investigations, suspension Updated: Apr-23-16 10:14 am
NEW YORK - Even before the polls closed in New York's primary, the city's election board dismissed as groundless hundreds of complaints, many from people in Bernie Sanders' hometown borough of Brooklyn who said they were unable to vote.
- NYC Board of Elections official suspended amid voting issues Updated: Apr-21-16 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - Officials say a New York City Board of Elections official has been suspended amid reports that some voters were turned away from polling sites during the state's presidential primary.
- Election complaints in New York probed by attorney general Updated: Apr-20-16 6:11 pm
ALBANY, New York - The state attorney general opened an investigation Wednesday into New York City's Board of Elections and complaints about Tuesday's primaries mainly from would-be voters who were turned away.
- The Latest: Clinton picks up at least 135 delegates in NY Updated: Apr-20-16 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in New York cast their ballots in the state's primary (all times Eastern Daylight Time):