- Ohio Gov. Kasich brings campaign back to South Carolina Updated: Nov-19-15 9:03 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is bringing his Republican presidential campaign back to South Carolina this week.
- 3 top prosecutors: Don't send us Guantanamo detainees Updated: Nov-18-15 3:42 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Top prosecutors in three states being assessed as potential future homes for Guantanamo Bay detainees implored the Obama administration on Wednesday not to send the prisoners to their states.
- Congress OKs bill banning Guantanamo detainees from US Updated: Nov-11-15 12:19 am
WASHINGTON - Congress sent President Barack Obama a $607 billion defense policy bill that he is expected to sign even though he adamantly opposes its ban on moving some Guantanamo Bay detainees to U.S. prisons.
- GOP hopeful Paul joins fellow senator Scott at town hall Updated: Nov-06-15 6:12 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is back in South Carolina this week for presidential campaign events.
- Tim Scott, Trey Gowdy speaking at Columbia event Updated: Nov-04-15 4:01 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Two of South Carolina's congressional Republicans are headlining a conservative think tank's annual meeting.
- DOD: Muslim beliefs should not govern female guards at Gitmo Updated: Oct-27-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior defense officials said Tuesday that it was "outrageous" that female guards at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, are barred from transporting five detainees suspected of being involved in the Sept. 11 attacks.