- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Coast Guard rescue stations in SC, Oregon open till 2018 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:00 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - U.S. Coast Guard helicopter search-and-rescue stations on the Oregon and South Carolina coasts will remain open at least until 2018.
- Gov. Haley asks SC prosecutor to sue feds over MOX project Updated: Jan-26-16 6:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley on Tuesday moved forward with her threat to sue the U.S. Department of Energy for the agency's failure to meet a Jan. 1 nuclear fuel deadline, asking South Carolina's top prosecutor to pursue litigation and collection of $1 million daily fine.
- RNC holds winter meeting in S. Carolina as candidates debate Updated: Jan-14-16 6:42 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican party leaders are holding a meeting in South Carolina as GOP presidential hopefuls gather for a debate.
- Slew of GOP candidates in SC for Kemp Foundation forum Updated: Jan-09-16 4:02 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A slew of candidates seeking the Republican presidential nomination are in South Carolina this weekend for a discussion on fighting poverty.