- Struggling Harvey goes silent after Mets' 7-4 loss to Nats Updated: May-24-16 11:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey's latest performance brought up many questions, most of which centered upon his future in the New York Mets' rotation.
- Unbeaten Strasburg fans 10, Nationals hammer Harvey, Mets Updated: May-19-16 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - A few years ago, as Stephen Strasburg was outpitched by an emerging Mets ace, fans at Citi Field memorably taunted the young Washington star by chanting "Harvey's better! Harvey's better!"
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Cubs ace Arrieta not surprised by Strasburg contract Updated: May-11-16 2:35 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs ace Jake Arrieta saw the numbers for Stephen Strasburg's new contract with Washington. He wasn't surprised at all.
- Strasburg's 2012 shutdown helped lead to $175M, 7-year deal Updated: May-10-16 7:17 pm
WASHINGTON - So all these years later, it sure sounds as if Stephen Strasburg signed a $175 million, seven-year contract with the Washington Nationals precisely because of their decision to end his 2012 season before the playoffs - not despite it.
- AP source: Strasburg, Nats agree to deal adding $175M Updated: May-09-16 11:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Stephen Strasburg is skipping his first shot at free agency, instead agreeing to a new contract with the Washington Nationals that will pay the pitcher $175 million over seven seasons starting in 2017, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 9:17 pm
CHICAGO - Javier Baez got the pitch he wanted and propelled the Cubs to yet another victory on a day when it looked like Jake Arrieta might finally pick up a loss.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.
- World Series champ Royals get day off in midst of slump Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals hadn't been hitting lately.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Rupp's 9th-inning hit lifts Phils over Nats 3-0 for sweep Updated: Apr-28-16 9:07 pm
WASHINGTON - So much for the Washington Nationals' hot start.