- GLANCE: Tunisia, Nobel winner, shines as Arab Spring success Updated: Oct-09-15 3:30 pm
The Nobel Peace Prize announced Friday pointed to the relative success of Tunisia in building toward democracy after a 2011 uprising ousted a longtime dictator. That makes it a resounding exception among the nations of the Arab Spring revolts.
- UN says Shiite rebels in Yemen have agreed to stop fighting Updated: Oct-07-15 6:36 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Shiite rebels in conflict-torn Yemen have agreed to stop fighting, the United Nations said Wednesday.
- US acts to open dialogue with Iran about Syria, Yemen crises Updated: Sep-26-15 12:37 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.S. took steps Saturday to open a dialogue with Iran and others about the crises in Syria and Yemen.
- Yemeni pro-government forces stall in push toward capital Updated: Sep-22-15 3:02 am
SANAA, Yemen - In Yemen's Marib province, a key battleground in the fighting against Shiite rebels, frustration is growing in the ranks of troops backing the country's president-in-exile after more than a week without gains on the ground.
- Yemen rebels release foreign hostages, including 2 Americans Updated: Sep-20-15 3:34 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's Shiite Houthi rebels have released six foreign hostages, including two Americans, and flown them to the Gulf country of Oman, which helped negotiate their release, officials said Sunday.
- White House reports 2 Americans held in Yemen are released Updated: Sep-20-15 1:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Two Americans held in war-torn Yemen were released and sent to Oman, the White House said Sunday.