- Newark faces a day of power outages Updated: Jun-29-16 5:54 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey's largest city faces a day of power outages that will impact homes, businesses and motorists.
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and political moments Updated: Jun-27-16 11:07 am
The BET Awards - or "The Prince Tribute Show" - featured emotional and energetic performances from Sheila E., Stevie Wonder and Jennifer Hudson honoring the Purple One, along with political statements on issues ranging from racial injustice to the U.S. presidential election.
- Laila Ali, Jaime Foxx pay tribute to Muhammad Ali Updated: Jun-27-16 12:09 am
Laila Ali paid tribute to her late father, sports icon Muhammad Ali, during the BET Awards on Sunday at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
- Amanda Knox's lawyer testifies against pickpocket suspect Updated: Jun-24-16 10:47 am
PHILADELPHIA - A Pennsylvania attorney who's defended high-profile clients including Amanda Knox and Robert Durst found himself on the other side of the courtroom, testifying against a man charged with picking a wad of cash from his pocket.
- Past restored: Allen University opening renovated auditorium Updated: Jun-24-16 2:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Allen University in Columbia has reclaimed part of its past.
- Tennessee teen killed shielding girls to receive Ashe Award Updated: Jun-21-16 3:21 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Zaevion Dobson, a high school football player who was shot to death while shielding two girls from gunfire, will receive the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYs.
- Ali Center gets first big corporate gift since Ali's death Updated: Jun-20-16 3:36 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The cultural center showcasing Muhammad Ali's fights in the ring and outside it against war and segregation has received its first major corporate donation since the boxing great's death.
- Writers Morrison, Coates and Sanchez talk art, Orlando, Ali Updated: Jun-16-16 12:54 am
NEW YORK - Speaking on stage at Broadway's Ambassador Theatre, Ta-Nehisi Coates remembered studying at Howard University and being mesmerized by a few lines from the poem "Personal Letter No. 3."
- Boxing Hall of Fame inductees remember Ali Updated: Jun-12-16 10:58 pm
CANASTOTA, New York - On a day when the boxing world turned its focus to the annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony, remembering The Greatest was part of the celebration.
- F1: Hamilton dedicates Canadian Grand Prix victory to Ali Updated: Jun-12-16 10:00 pm
MONTREAL - Lewis Hamilton had something on his mind before he was ready to ascend to the top step of the Formula One podium for the second week in a row.
- Farrakhan details Muhammed Ali's ties to Nation of Islam Updated: Jun-12-16 4:36 pm
CHICAGO - Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan spoke of his own history with Muhammad Ali on Sunday, recounting the boxer's courage both in the ring and out of it, but lamenting the late heavyweight champion's shift toward mainstream Islam.
- UN honored Ali's lifelong commitment to peace and rights Updated: Jun-11-16 5:39 pm
UNITED NATIONS - When Muhammad Ali was trying to win a fourth heavyweight championship in the late 1970s, he came to the United Nations to campaign against apartheid and injustice and presented then secretary-general Kurt Waldheim with one of his drawings entitled "Peace!"
- The world watched as Ali's goodbye created memorable moments Updated: Jun-11-16 11:51 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - As Muhammad Ali's youngest son rode in his father's funeral procession through the streets of the city he adored, he noticed scores of children lining the route, pumping their fists, shouting "Ali! Ali!"
- Column: 'Mr. Hockey' equal parts sharpshooter, brawler Updated: Jun-10-16 11:12 pm
Gordie Howe was equal parts sharpshooter and street fighter, and remarkably durable to boot. But nobody dominates a rough-and-tumble game for parts of five decades without knowing when to pick his spots. For all that, even "Mr. Hockey" had no say in the timing of his passing.
- Ali's wife thanks world for love, support since his death Updated: Jun-10-16 9:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Lonnie Ali was her husband's greatest champion. She is now embracing the role of chief advocate for his legacy.
- A remarkable day filled with tales of The Greatest Updated: Jun-10-16 8:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Larry Holmes gave Muhammad Ali the beating that sent him toward retirement, even though it was the last thing he wanted to do. Later that night he went to Ali's darkened room, and told his idol that he loved him.
- The Latest: Bill Clinton say Ali wrote his own story Updated: Jun-10-16 6:45 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the memorial service for Muhammad Ali (all times local):
- IN THEIR WORDS: Reflections as Muhammad Ali laid to rest Updated: Jun-10-16 6:21 pm
As Muhammad Ali is laid to rest with a public funeral and private burial, some of the world's most famous faces reflect on a man known simply as "The Greatest."
- Turkey's Erdogan, in US for Ali's funeral, cuts trip short Updated: Jun-10-16 1:55 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday abruptly cut short a visit to the United States to attend boxing legend Muhammad Ali's funeral and returned home.
- Billy Crystal known as 'The Greatest' at Ali impressions Updated: Jun-10-16 8:50 am
Billy Crystal is ready to go one final round with friend and foil Muhammad Ali.
- Muhammad Ali exhibit opens in venue of "Thrilla in Manila" Updated: Jun-10-16 7:04 am
MANILA, Philippines - Filipino fans remembering boxing legend Muhammad Ali gathered near the site of his epic "Thrilla in Manila" fight with Joe Frazier for an art and photo tribute Friday.
- Ali returned to ring with ex-Georgia senator in his corner Updated: Jun-10-16 1:41 am
Angelo Dundee. Bundini Brown. Dr. Ferdie Pacheco. All well-known Muhammad Ali cornermen.
- A whirlwind of promotions for Arum with Ali Updated: Jun-10-16 1:35 am
NEW YORK - As Muhammad Ali went from "pariah" to "beloved figure," Bob Arum was along for the ride.
- Ali would have been pleased by crowd at Muslim service Updated: Jun-09-16 8:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali's last wish was that people from all walks of life could gather together to bid him one final goodbye.
- Ali remembered in prayer as an icon who pushed for unity Updated: Jun-09-16 7:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - As the faithful chanted a Muslim prayer in unison, dignitaries and fans stood shoulder to shoulder to honor a man who used his celebrity to push for peace among races, religions and cultures.