- Waltrip: 'A lot of unrest' in NASCAR led to driver council Updated: Jun-03-15 5:49 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR has never had much of an appetite for drivers uniting to create a single voice. The sanctioning body once banned Curtis Turner for trying to form a union in 1961.
- Column: NASCAR has long needed a driver council for feedback Updated: Jun-01-15 4:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It started last fall as a text message chain that included roughly 20 of NASCAR's top drivers. The purpose of that group chat was for the drivers to hash out where the current rules package was headed and attempt to gain a consensus on what was best for the competitors.
- Hamlin wins the pole at Dover International Speedway Updated: May-29-15 5:51 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Denny Hamlin was in the clear, in his head and on the track.
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Power for second Indy 500 win Updated: May-24-15 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - His career at a crossroads, his confidence shot, Juan Pablo Montoya received a lifeline from The Captain.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Kenseth wins pole for NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 9:27 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Matt Kenseth is hoping history repeats itself Sunday night at the Coca-Cola 600.
- Logano: NASCAR can learn from IndyCar on safety crews Updated: May-21-15 6:40 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Joey Logano said NASCAR can learn something from the near-fatal accident involving IndyCar Series driver James Hinchcliffe this week and the importance of having a regular safety crew at each race.
- Hamlin gives Joe Gibbs first victory in NASCAR All-Star race Updated: May-17-15 12:23 am
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin gave Joe Gibbs Racing its first victory in NASCAR's Sprint All-Star race by using clean air to hold off Kevin Harvick at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Johnson stays on track during late caution, wins at Kansas Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jimmie Johnson pulled into victory lane after his late-race gamble paid off to win the rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, then pulled out his cellphone and tried to dial his wife in the first few minutes of Mother's Day.
- Logano wins pole for Saturday night race at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-08-15 8:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Joey Logano will start at Kansas Speedway right where he left off.
- Newman remains focused after NASCAR upholds RCR penalties Updated: May-08-15 1:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Ryan Newman is confident his "B team" will deliver this weekend at Kansas Speedway after NASCAR upheld the penalties levied against Richard Childress Racing for manipulating his tires.
- Suarez, Jones showing off youth in Joe Gibbs Racing stable Updated: May-07-15 5:33 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - It will be hard to miss the future of Joe Gibbs Racing this weekend.
- NASCAR appeals officer upholds penalties against RCR Updated: May-06-15 7:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR's final appeals officer upheld penalties levied against Richard Childress Racing for intentionally manipulating Ryan Newman's tires in March.