- Michael King, innovative syndicator of 'Oprah,' dies at 67 Updated: May-28-15 7:34 pm
NEW YORK - Michael King, an innovative TV syndicator who helped make stars of Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Phil McGraw and Rachael Ray, has died.
- Producer aims for September in filming proposed miniseries Updated: May-28-15 4:27 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The executive producer behind a proposed miniseries set during the 1921 Tulsa Race Riot said she hopes to begin filming in September.
- David Oyelowo creates a tortured soul in HBO's 'Nightingale' Updated: May-28-15 8:33 am
LOS ANGELES - HBO's "Nightingale" is a small film with an indelibly big performance by David Oyelowo, who plays an emotionally damaged man losing himself further after a spasm of off-camera violence.
- Jonathan Franzen talks up, and around, his new novel Updated: May-27-15 7:26 pm
NEW YORK - Writing has become no easier for Jonathan Franzen, whose fifth novel comes out this fall.
- Danielle Brooks heading to Broadway in 'The Color Purple' Updated: May-27-15 1:11 pm
NEW YORK - Actress Danielle Brooks is going from orange to purple - jumping from "Orange Is the New Black" on TV to a Broadway stage in the upcoming "The Color Purple" revival.
- After a decade online, YouTube is redefining celebrity Updated: May-24-15 11:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's a meet-and-greet worthy of an A-list star.
- TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports Updated: May-22-15 5:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - TLC pulled the reality series "19 Kids and Counting" from its schedule on Friday, a move that follows reports of sexual misconduct allegations against one of the stars, Josh Duggar, stemming from when he was a juvenile.
- Dr. Oz helps collapsed woman during mall promotional event Updated: May-21-15 5:12 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Celebrity doctor and television host Dr. Mehmet Oz reportedly rushed into a crowd to help a woman at a promotional event in Jacksonville.
- David Letterman to sign off as late-night host Updated: May-20-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - After 33 years and 6,028 broadcasts of his late-night show, David Letterman is signing off.
- National Portrait Gallery show explores nature of celebrity Updated: May-20-15 7:51 am
WASHINGTON - In the age of selfies, social media and streaming videos, the idea of what makes a celebrity has expanded far beyond the Hollywood icons of the past. Now scientists, technology geeks, designers, writers and YouTube stars achieve fame alongside athletes and entertainers.
- A star-studded tribute to blacks on TV, yesterday and today Updated: May-14-15 7:25 am
NEW YORK - When Oprah Winfrey was a youngster, the mere sighting of an African-American on television was occasion to alert all the neighbors, she recalled.
- Dr. Oz aids 2 people injured in New Jersey highway crash Updated: May-12-15 3:27 pm
WESTAMPTON, New Jersey - Emergency responders say Dr. Mehmet Oz helped them out by treating two people injured in a weekend car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey on Letterman next week Updated: May-08-15 11:08 am
NEW YORK - Former President Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Howard Stern and Julia Roberts will be among the guests during the final full week of David Letterman's reign as a late-night host.
- Correction: Film-Tom Cruise story Updated: May-06-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - In a story May 6 about Tom Cruise, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Cruise's last three films haven't surpassed $100 million at the North American box office. Cruise's 2014 film "Edge of Tomorrow" narrowly surpassed that threshold, making $100.2 million, according to Rentrak. In the same paragraph, the title of the film "Valkyrie" was also misspelled.