- State lawyers question school choice program's military perk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State Treasurer Dan Schwartz is getting pushback from state lawyers over a rule he proposed to help military families and kindergartners more easily access Nevada's new education savings accounts.
- Governor seeks 2nd opinion on his refugee placement powers Updated: Nov-18-15 7:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval says he doesn't think he has power to halt refugee resettlement in Nevada, but he's seeking a second opinion.
- Nevada to pay famed lawyer to defend school choice program Updated: Nov-10-15 7:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada is paying $285,000 to hire a famous lawyer to help defend the state's new Education Savings Account program in two pending lawsuits.
- Sandoval won't rule out joining sage grouse suit but not now Updated: Nov-09-15 1:22 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Several Nevada counties are acting prematurely in suing to block U.S. regulations intended to protect the greater sage grouse, said Gov. Brian Sandoval, who says he supports the lawsuit but not its timing.
- Health exchange hopes to move past troubles in 3rd go-round Updated: Nov-02-15 1:41 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - It's survived an IT meltdown and attempts to kill it in the Legislature. It's now facing the loss of two insurance carriers and an effort to constitutionally ban it.
- Capital city rings in Nevada Day with parade, run, chili Updated: Oct-31-15 10:31 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Carson City has rung in Nevada's 151st birthday with its annual parade and a slate of other special events.