- Justices extend bar on automatic life terms for teenagers Updated: Jan-25-16 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that people serving life terms for murders they committed as teenagers must have a chance to seek their freedom, a decision that could affect more than 1,000 inmates.
- Immigration tops politically charged caseload for high court Updated: Jan-20-16 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's decision to add immigration to its already robust list of politically charged cases means a raft of rulings in the late spring or early summer that could inject the court into the presidential campaign.
- High court split over police officer's First Amendment case Updated: Jan-19-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - A New Jersey police officer's claim that he was a victim of political retribution drew plenty of sympathy at the Supreme Court on Tuesday, but it wasn't clear whether the justices would find that Jeffrey Heffernan has a case under the First Amendment.
- California Editorial Roundup Updated: Jan-13-16 12:24 pm
- The Latest: Obama takes 'one more look at this thing' Updated: Jan-12-16 10:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address. All times EST: