- Griffen leads Vikings in sacks and the locker room Updated: Sep-30-15 7:31 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Everson Griffen matured enough from an unsettling start to his career that the Minnesota Vikings were confident enough to hand him a hefty new contract last year that kept him off the free agent market.
- Protecting Rivers paramount, say beat up offensive linemen Updated: Sep-28-15 9:50 pm
SAN DIEGO - A number of offensive linemen for the San Diego Chargers were forced out of Sunday's ugly 31-14 loss at Minnesota.
- Role reduced, Greenway still valuable for thriving Vikings D Updated: Sep-28-15 7:29 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Chad Greenway's role with the Minnesota Vikings has been reduced, as has his salary.
- Peterson, defense lead Vikings' 31-14 domination of Chargers Updated: Sep-28-15 2:37 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson reached the end zone for the first time in nearly two years. Minnesota's feisty defense crossed the goal line, too.
- Peterson, Vikings trample banged-up Chargers 31-14 Updated: Sep-27-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't in peak shape two games into this comeback season, so he showed up at Minnesota's practice facility on his day off this week for a series of 100-yard sprints, 18 in all.
- Rivers roughed up behind depleted line in Bolts' 31-14 loss Updated: Sep-27-15 6:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The offensive linemen kept dropping and the hits kept coming on Philip Rivers, prompting San Diego Chargers great and CBS analyst Dan Fouts to plead during the telecast for coach Mike McCoy to pull his starting quarterback for his own safety.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Run over in Week 1, Vikings try to rebound vs. Lions Updated: Sep-16-15 3:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings and their defensive-minded head coach spent all offseason focusing on improving a run defense that was among the worst in the league.