- Column: Harrison fumbles away a life lesson for his sons Updated: Aug-21-15 6:18 pm
James Harrison made his kids give their trophies back.
- NYC mayor: Regs for Times Square characters under study Updated: Aug-20-15 6:28 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio has launched a multiagency task force to address what he calls the "growing problem" of panhandling topless women and costumed characters in Times Square and said that one option under consideration is removing the famed intersection's pedestrian plazas.
- Trump takes a detour off the trail, reports for jury duty Updated: Aug-17-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump pulled up in a long black limousine and gave a very presidential wave as he made his way into the building. Then the billionaire promptly found himself seated next to ordinary, wage-earning, subway-riding New Yorkers, forced to wait - and wait some more - for the wheels of justice to turn.
- Trump joining long list of celebrities with NYC jury duty Updated: Aug-16-15 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - New York has a star-studded jury pool and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is due to join a long list of celebrities who have made the trip to lower Manhattan to sit with hundreds of others who could be picked to decide trials.
- NYC rolls out plan to aid mentally ill who could be violent Updated: Aug-06-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio's administration on Thursday unveiled a plan to help New Yorkers suffering from mental illness and who may be a threat to hurt themselves or others.
- Expansion of gun sale background checks takes effect Sunday Updated: Aug-05-15 6:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The new Oregon law requiring background checks for private gun transactions will take effect Sunday amid plenty of uncertainty.
- 8 cities cited in data program from ex-NYC mayor Bloomberg Updated: Aug-05-15 7:55 am
NEW YORK - Jackson, Mississippi, and Mesa, Arizona, aim to make troves of data about city operations available online for the first time. Tulsa, Oklahoma, plans to make its data releases more useful for the public. Seattle wants to use contract data to help ensure vendors deliver on their promises.
- Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Updated: Aug-03-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump, widely believed to be the wealthiest American ever to run for president, is nowhere among the ranks of the country's most generous citizens, according to an Associated Press review of his financial records and other government filings.