- Multi-Ethnic Media Coalition wants full Hollywood diversity Updated: Feb-04-16 3:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Organizations representing Hispanics, Asian-Americans and Native Americans, who joined with the NAACP in 2000 to increase minority hiring in the TV industry, are broadening their focus to the big screen.
- From SAG Awards to Sundance, diversity makes a comeback Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 am
In a flurry of wins at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and the Sundance Film Festival, diversity made a comeback.
- Charlotte Rampling clarifies controversial diversity remarks Updated: Jan-22-16 8:11 pm
LONDON - Academy Award-nominated actress Charlotte Rampling said her comments that an Oscars' boycott is "racist to white people" were misinterpreted. In a statement to CBS News' "Sunday Morning" on Friday, Rampling said she wished every performance were given equal opportunity for consideration.
- Hollywood reax swift, positive to Oscar diversity measures Updated: Jan-22-16 7:31 pm
The Academy's proposed changes to increase diversity in the Oscars prompted swift and positive reaction in Hollywood, with many praising the moves while still noting that the Academy Awards are only part of the problem, and only part of the solution.
- The Latest: Cheadle says diversity issue goes beyond Academy Updated: Jan-22-16 7:15 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest on Friday's statement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on a series of diversity reforms approved by the board of governors late Thursday (all times PST):
- Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over diversity of nominees Updated: Jan-19-16 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Amid calls for a boycott of the Academy Awards over its all-white acting nominees and Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith both announcing they would sit out this year's ceremony, the academy's president said it was time for major changes - and soon.
- 'Spotlight,' DiCaprio, Larson win at Critics' Choice Awards Updated: Jan-18-16 4:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The investigative journalism drama "Spotlight" won the top prize at the Critics' Choice Awards on Sunday, while awards favorites Brie Larson and Leonardo DiCaprio won the top acting prizes for "Room" and "The Revenant."
- List of Winners for the Critics' Choice Awards Updated: Jan-17-16 11:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - List of winners of the 21st annual Critics' Choice Awards, announced Sunday in Santa Monica, California.
- Nominations set stage for Oscar sequel, starring Inarritu Updated: Jan-14-16 6:40 pm
Coming soon: "Oscars: The Sequel."