- Hassan likely to veto bill removing concealed gun license Updated: Jul-03-15 2:20 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's gun laws are likely to be the center of debate next week as Gov. Maggie Hassan takes action on a bill that would make it easier for people to carry hidden guns. She has said she'll veto it.
- Alanna Durkin joins AP's Richmond, Virginia, bureau Updated: Jul-01-15 1:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Alanna Durkin, who has covered state government and politics for The Associated Press in Maine, has been named a reporter for the news cooperative in Richmond, Virginia.
- Some in GOP fed up with Maine's bombastic governor Updated: Jun-27-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage's bombastic leadership style long ago alienated Democrats. Now even some in his own party are fed up, saying his high-profile antics have squandered his political capital.
- Governor jokes that he'd like to shoot political cartoonist Updated: Jun-25-15 5:53 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's joke about shooting a political cartoonist is falling flat.
- Williamson joins the Maine Public Utilities Commission Updated: Jun-23-15 1:02 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Economist Bruce Williamson is the newest member of the Maine Public Utilities Commission.
- High court won't hear Maine appeal over Medicaid cuts Updated: Jun-08-15 12:43 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The U.S. Supreme Court said Monday it would stay out of a dispute between Gov. Paul LePage and the federal government over whether Maine can eliminate Medicaid coverage for thousands of low-income young adults.