- Baker administration names leadership team for MBTA Updated: Jul-30-15 6:53 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker's administration has tapped Brian Shortsleeve, a one-time political director for Mitt Romney, to serve in the newly-created position of chief administrator of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
- Bach: Boston failed to deliver on 'promises' to USOC Updated: Jul-29-15 9:42 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - IOC President Thomas Bach said Boston was firmly to blame for its aborted bid for the 2024 Olympics and that the city failed to deliver on "promises" made to U.S. Olympic leaders when they selected the Massachusetts capital as the American candidate for the games.
- Massachusetts officials attend church service for Baby Doe Updated: Jul-29-15 8:35 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts officials have attended a memorial Mass near the Statehouse for a young girl whose body was found in a trash bag last month.
- Lawmakers move to restore budget items vetoed by Baker Updated: Jul-29-15 7:38 pm
BOSTON - Lawmakers moved Wednesday to restore nearly $100 million in spending vetoed from the state budget by Republican Gov. Charlie Baker, including funds for full-day kindergarten programs and for the University of Massachusetts system.
- Gov. Baker to lobby for Massachusetts military Updated: Jul-28-15 2:20 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is headed to Washington to make the case for the state's six military installations.
- IOC urges US to come up with another bid city for 2024 Games Updated: Jul-28-15 2:04 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - With Boston no longer in contention, IOC President Thomas Bach urged U.S. Olympic leaders on Tuesday to pick "the most appropriate city" as a substitute candidate for the 2024 Games. Two-time Olympic host Los Angeles could fit the bill perfectly, according to several IOC board members.
- Meehan seeks to restore vetoed UMass money Updated: Jul-27-15 8:35 am
BOSTON - University of Massachusetts President Marty Meehan is lobbying state lawmakers to restore money vetoed from the university budget and pay for collectively bargained raises to staff and professors that have gone unfunded for a year.
- Baker named to head national governors' health care panel Updated: Jul-26-15 1:05 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has been named chairman of the National Governors Association's Health and Human Services Committee.
- Column: USOC needs to dump Boston while there's still time Updated: Jul-24-15 5:04 pm
The U.S. Olympic Committee needs to cut its losses.
- Republican Governors Association taps Baker for key panel Updated: Jul-23-15 3:21 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has been elected to the executive committee of the Republican Governors Association.
- Campaign donations pour in for top Massachusetts lawmakers Updated: Jul-21-15 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo collected more than $415,000 in campaign donations during the first half of the year - more than during any previous six-month period for the powerful Democrat.
- Gov. Baker orders flags lowered after Tennessee shootings Updated: Jul-16-15 7:51 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker has ordered flags lowered to half-staff at all state buildings in Massachusetts beginning at sunrise on Friday in honor of the four U.S. Marines killed in Tennessee.
- Massachusetts again debates tuition costs for immigrants Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers are reviving a debate about whether immigrants in the country illegally should be eligible for in-state college tuition rates, and backers of both sides gathered at the Statehouse on Wednesday to testify at a public hearing.
- Gov. Baker enjoys brisk fundraising pace in first 6 months Updated: Jul-12-15 10:56 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker won't face re-election for another three years, but he's already stockpiled more in campaign donations than his two recent predecessors in the governor's office.
- Massachusetts Gov. Baker files hydropower bill Updated: Jul-09-15 4:19 pm
BOSTON - Hydroelectric power would become a more prominent piece of the state's energy puzzle under a proposal filed Thursday by Gov. Charlie Baker.
- Head of Massachusetts State Police retiring, successor named Updated: Jul-08-15 8:08 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts State Police are getting a new leader.
- International Space Station R&D conference to meet in Boston Updated: Jul-05-15 9:31 am
BOSTON - The International Space Station Research and Development Conference will hold its fourth annual meeting in Boston this week.