- Gov. Baker, MassGOP hold "thank you" events for supporters Updated: Aug-23-15 12:43 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is taking time this week to thank some of the campaign volunteers and political supporters who helped him win last year's tough race for governor.
- Senate President Rosenberg: UMass needs to hold line on fees Updated: Aug-20-15 7:44 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg is asking the University of Massachusetts to reconsider planned fee hikes.
- Boston Olympics organizers: Report didn't analyze details Updated: Aug-18-15 8:27 pm
BOSTON - Boston's failed bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics underestimated costs for hosting the games, potentially leaving Massachusetts taxpayers on the hook for significant cost overruns, according to a state-funded report released Tuesday.
- Federal grant to help pregnant women battling addiction Updated: Aug-16-15 11:19 am
BOSTON - State health officials say Massachusetts has received a federal grant to treat pregnant women who are addicted to opioids.
- Report to be issued on Boston's now-failed Olympic effort Updated: Aug-16-15 10:49 am
BOSTON - Boston is no longer in the running for the 2024 Olympics, but a consultant that had been hired by state officials to analyze the bid has been moving ahead with its work.
- Massachusetts governor criticizes Trump for remarks on women Updated: Aug-13-15 4:37 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has said he won't pick any favorites in the GOP race for president, but for the first time he is sharply criticizing Donald Trump for the candidate's past remarks about women.
- Massachusetts governor leads ALS ice bucket challenge Updated: Aug-10-15 5:23 pm
BOSTON - A deep freeze fell briefly upon Beacon Hill on a warm August day as Gov. Charlie Baker, members of his staff and other top state officials took the ice bucket challenge to help find a cure for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Correction: Boston Transit Overhaul story Updated: Aug-10-15 1:25 pm
BOSTON - In a story July 30 about a new leadership team for the MBTA, The Associated Press reported erroneously on Mitt Romney's role at Bain & Co. He was its CEO, not its co-founder.
- Massachusetts groups propose questions legalizing marijuana Updated: Aug-05-15 4:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts voters could get a chance to decide whether to legalize the recreational use of marijuana if any of several proposed pro-pot questions filed with the state attorney general's office Wednesday reach the 2016 ballot.
- Secretary Galvin files public records ballot question Updated: Aug-03-15 2:15 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts state Secretary William Galvin has filed a ballot question aimed at strengthening the state's public records law.
- Massachusetts seeks help in cutting recidivism rates Updated: Aug-03-15 11:59 am
BOSTON - Top Massachusetts leaders are requesting an independent examination of the state's criminal justice system with an eye toward lowering recidivism rates and reducing, in turn, the state's prison population.
- Massachusetts governor, Boston mayor team up in charity ride Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh joined hundreds of other riders on the annual Pan-Mass Challenge bicycle ride to raise money for cancer research and treatment.
- Canadian rivers: Solution to Northeast's high energy prices? Updated: Aug-02-15 12:28 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Plenty of raw electricity sloshes around in Quebec's rivers and reservoirs, promising relief for U.S. northeasterners, who pay the nation's highest power costs. But getting those electrons to smartphones and air conditioners in Boston, Hartford and New York City is another matter entirely.