- Illinois' Durbin gets a shot at political redemption Updated: Aug-29-15 9:53 am
WASHINGTON - For all its fraught politics and geopolitical import, the Iran nuclear agreement offers something very personal for Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois: a chance at political redemption.
- Christie urges Booker, Congress to oppose Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 2:19 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - The Iran nuclear agreement is a bad deal and Congress should vote to block it, including an undecided U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, Gov. Chris Christie said Tuesday as he stood alongside Jewish leaders.
- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 2:14 pm
Congress will vote next month on a resolution to disapprove of the White House-backed nuclear deal struck with Iran by the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany. The deal aims to dismantle Iran's nuclear capabilities in exchange for billions in international sanctions relief.
- Justice Dept. pushes back against Sen. Menendez's defense Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department pushed back Monday against efforts by Sen. Bob Menendez to dismiss the corruption indictment against him, calling the case the result of an "exhaustive, focused and disciplined" investigation that spanned more than two years.
- Iran deal picks up support following Reid's endorsement Updated: Aug-24-15 11:48 am
WASHINGTON - With Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid on board, the nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers is picking up momentum to survive fierce opposition from Republican and Israeli opponents.
- Democrat Menendez announces opposition to Iran nuclear deal Updated: Aug-18-15 2:47 pm
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez announced on Tuesday his opposition to the Iran nuclear deal, the second Democratic senator to go against President Barack Obama, who is heavily lobbying for a congressional endorsement of the international accord.
- Obama can do Iran nuclear deal even if Congress disapproves Updated: Aug-16-15 8:15 am
WASHINGTON - The September vote on the Iran nuclear deal is billed as a titanic standoff between President Barack Obama and Congress. Yet even if lawmakers reject the agreement, it's not game-over for the White House.
- Senators demand documents over Malaysia trafficking upgrade Updated: Aug-06-15 3:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators angered by the decision to upgrade Malaysia in the State Department's human trafficking report threatened a subpoena on Thursday unless they receive all communications related to the annual U.S. ranking of countries' efforts to combat modern-day slavery.
- Zimbabwe accuses 2nd American of illegally hunting lion Updated: Aug-03-15 2:13 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe has accused a Pennsylvania doctor of illegally killing a lion in April, as it seeks to extradite a Minnesota dentist who killed a well-known lion named Cecil in July.