- Academy luncheon is time for reflection in high stakes year Updated: Feb-08-16 7:28 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The annual Oscar nominees luncheon is generally a time of low-stakes celebration, but this year amid discussions of Oscar diversity and a boycott, as well as dramatic changes to academy membership, the Monday gathering was also one for reflection.
- Inarritu wins top DGA prize, further obscuring awards season Updated: Feb-07-16 4:05 am
LOS ANGELES - An unclear cinematic season got a little foggier on Saturday with Alejandro Inarritu's Directors Guild win for his harrowing frontier epic "The Revenant." With only weeks to go before the Academy Awards on Feb. 28, the race is still as wide open as ever.
- 'Mad Max' director Miller to lead Cannes film festival jury Updated: Feb-02-16 3:37 am
PARIS - The Cannes Film Festival has invited "Mad Max" director George Miller to preside over this year's jury and award the Palme d'Or for France's equivalent of the Oscars.
- 'Spotlight,' DiCaprio, Larson win at Critics' Choice Awards Updated: Jan-18-16 4:47 am
LOS ANGELES - The investigative journalism drama "Spotlight" won the top prize at the Critics' Choice Awards on Sunday, while awards favorites Brie Larson and Leonardo DiCaprio won the top acting prizes for "Room" and "The Revenant."
- List of Winners for the Critics' Choice Awards Updated: Jan-17-16 11:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - List of winners of the 21st annual Critics' Choice Awards, announced Sunday in Santa Monica, California.
- Nominations set stage for Oscar sequel, starring Inarritu Updated: Jan-14-16 6:40 pm
Coming soon: "Oscars: The Sequel."
- The Latest: Jennifer Jason Leigh wakes up to an Oscar dream Updated: Jan-14-16 2:10 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest on the 88th annual Oscar nominations announced Thursday in Beverly Hills, California, by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (all times local):
- List of 88th annual Academy Award nominations is announced Updated: Jan-14-16 9:57 am
Complete list of 88th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Thursday: