- Texas attorney general pleads not guilty to securities fraud Updated: Aug-27-15 2:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas' attorney general, Ken Paxton, pleaded not guilty to securities fraud charges Thursday during a hearing in which he asked the judge to bar cameras from future proceedings and his high-powered lawyer resigned.
- Abbott: Indicted AG Paxton innocent until proven guilty Updated: Aug-24-15 9:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he hasn't spoken with indicted Attorney General Ken Paxton since the state's top lawyer was booked earlier this month on securities fraud charges.
- Federal court says Texas voter ID violates Voting Rights Act Updated: Aug-05-15 8:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday that Texas' voter ID law has a "discriminatory" effect on minorities in a victory for President Barack Obama, whose administration took the unusual step of bringing the weight of the U.S. Justice Department to fight a wave of new ballot-box restrictions passed in conservative statehouses.
- 5th secret Planned Parenthood video shows Houston clinic Updated: Aug-04-15 1:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An anti-abortion group has released its fifth undercover video alleging fetal organ sales that activists say was shot inside a Houston Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Texas faces less stringent goals in final clean power plan Updated: Aug-03-15 7:33 pm
DALLAS - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton vowed Monday to sue the Obama administration over a federal plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power plants, even though the state faces a less-stringent mandate under a final version of the plan than was originally proposed.
- Texas attorney general accused of lying to investors Updated: Aug-03-15 7:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had an investment opportunity: a tech startup making data servers. He told people he had put his own money into Servergy Inc., according to prosecutors, and helped persuade a state lawmaker and another wealthy businessman to buy more than $100,000 in shares.
- Q&A: A look at the indictment of Texas' attorney general Updated: Aug-03-15 7:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is charged with three felony counts of securities fraud in an indictment unsealed Monday. Here's a closer look at what the case against him means.
- The Latest: Defense lawyer says Texas AG to plead not guilty Updated: Aug-03-15 3:27 pm
McKINNEY, Texas - The latest on Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who has been charged with felony securities fraud (all times local):