- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Apr-19-16 8:48 pm
Houston Chronicle. April 16, 2016.
- Report: ex-staff for Attorney General Ken Paxton still paid Updated: Apr-15-16 11:55 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The state is paying thousands of dollars in salaries and benefits to at least two former high-level staffers in Attorney General Ken Paxton's office who haven't worked there for over a month.
- Correction: Texas Agriculture Chief-Investigation story Updated: Apr-14-16 1:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story April 13 about an investigation launched against the Texas agriculture commissioner, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the state Democratic Party did not run an opponent against Republican Sid Miller in 2014. The party did field a candidate, Jim Hogan.
- Texas attorney general charged with federal securities fraud Updated: Apr-11-16 5:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Federal securities regulators charged Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Monday with four counts of civil fraud, piling on more legal troubles for the Republican already under criminal indictment for allegations that he deceived friends and wealthy investors - at least once with high-pressure tactics.
- Supreme Court ruling on Texas redistricting cheers Democrats Updated: Apr-04-16 6:33 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Supreme Court handed Texas a victory Monday, upholding the state's system of drawing legislative voting districts based on everyone who lives there - not just registered voters.