- Europeans warily watching Austria's presidential vote Updated: May-21-16 8:29 am
VIENNA - Austria's presidential election has significance far beyond the small EU nation's borders. In a scenario that was unthinkable just a few years ago, a right-wing, Euroskeptic candidate is favored to become president.
- Ibrahimovic says he will leave PSG at the end of the season Updated: May-13-16 10:41 am
PARIS - The French league will be missing its most charismatic player next season after Zlatan Ibrahimovic announced on Friday that he will leave Paris Saint-Germain.
- Austria's chancellor resigns, in Europe's shift to the right Updated: May-09-16 4:41 pm
VIENNA - Austria's chancellor abruptly resigned Monday, a high-profile victim of Europe's growing shift to the right, which threatens to push into obscurity some parties that have dominated post-World War II politics.
- French President prepares for potential re-election bid Updated: May-07-16 6:44 am
PARIS - The most unpopular president in France's modern history, Francois Hollande, is preparing the ground for a potential re-election bid. His leftist base is in open revolt, protesting youth are clashing with police nearly every night, and France is in a six-month state of emergency - yet he is on a new mission to convince the French that "things are getting better."
- French far right party punishes Jean-Marie Le Pen's allies Updated: May-02-16 1:04 pm
PARIS - Marine Le Pen's far right National Front has punished two leading party figures for attending a Paris rally led by her father.
- EU in trouble as Eurosceptic parties gain in strength Updated: Apr-28-16 11:50 am
VIENNA - Even before a vehemently anti-EU party won strong support in Austria, the European Union's top official acknowledged that the 28-nation bloc was in trouble.