- Who should join Elvis and Muhammad Ali as Kentucky Colonels? Updated: May-27-16 4:14 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Elvis Presley was a "Kentucky Colonel." So is Bill Clinton, and Muhammad Ali. With at least 85,000 other people enjoying the title, Kentucky's new Republican governor wants to review what it takes to receive the highest honor he can bestow.
- Baylor looks to rebuild after report on sex assaults Updated: May-27-16 8:35 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Baylor University will look to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team operated under the perception it was above the rules.
- Trump has rally in Billings after securing nomination Updated: May-26-16 8:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A crowd of thousands, buoyed by word that Donald Trump had just locked down the Republican presidential nomination, gathered in a Billings arena Thursday to cheer the New York businessman and his unlikely ascent to the top of his party.
- The Latest: Trump holds rally before cheering Montana crowd Updated: May-26-16 7:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on Donald Trump's rally in Billings (all times local):
- Origin of key Clinton emails from report are a mystery Updated: May-26-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was supposed to have turned over all work-related emails to the State Department to be released to the public. But an agency audit found at least three emails never seen before - including Clinton's own explanation of why she wanted her emails kept private.
- Report traces arc of Hillary Clinton server, agency failures Updated: May-26-16 9:11 am
WASHINGTON - Eight days before Hillary Clinton took office as secretary of state in January 2009, an aide to former President Bill Clinton quietly registered a new internet address for the couple. That trivial but deliberate online purchase is the earliest known hint of the private email system that now plagues the presumptive Democratic nominee's presidential campaign.
- State Department email report complicates Clinton's message Updated: May-26-16 3:26 am
SALINAS, California - Hillary Clinton is telling voters not to trust Donald Trump, but a new government report about her usage of a private server as secretary of state is complicating that message.
- Real estate world aflutter as Obama looks for his next home Updated: May-25-16 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Real estate circles buzzed Wednesday over reports that President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, have decided to lease a nine-bedroom mansion in one of Washington's poshest neighborhoods when he leaves office in January.
- Bill Clinton wraps up campaign swing in New Mexico Updated: May-25-16 4:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former President Bill Clinton has wrapped up a two-day swing in New Mexico with a low-key rally at a packed Albuquerque community center.
- Correction: Baylor-Sex Assault Investigations story Updated: May-25-16 2:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story May 24 about sexual assault cases involving Baylor University, The Associated Press misspelled the name of a Baylor spokeswoman on second reference. Her name is Lori Fogleman, not Fogelman.
- Protesters overrun barricades as Trump rallies thousands Updated: May-25-16 12:31 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Despite the violent outbursts of protesters who overran barricades and charged police officers outside his rally, Republican Donald Trump on Tuesday told thousands of supporters he was glad he stopped in New Mexico and he vowed to be back before the general election in November.
- The Latest: Albuquerque police use smoke, pepper spray Updated: May-24-16 11:23 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on campaign stops in New Mexico by Bill Clinton and Donald Trump (all times local):
- US appeals court revisits Texas voter ID law Updated: May-24-16 7:48 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Whether a strict Texas voter ID law should be struck down, upheld, or, perhaps, adjusted is now up to 15 federal appeals court judges.
- House GOP gives election-year airing to IRS gripes Updated: May-24-16 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans gave an election-year airing to their complaints about IRS chief John Koskinen Tuesday, telling a GOP-run House committee that he should be impeached for lying to lawmakers and destroying evidence.
- Kinston sax great Parker honored with North Carolina award Updated: May-23-16 3:19 pm
KINSTON, North Carolina - Gold records line the walls in the office of Maceo Parker's Kinston homestead, commemorating some of the hits the iconic saxophonist has played on over the past half-century. But Parker's most eye-catching artifacts are the pictures of him with various members of the celebrity jet stream.
- Gov. McAuliffe takes state plane to Final Four, Cuba Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Records show that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has used a state airplane to fly to Cuba and a University of Virginia basketball game in Chicago, among other destinations.
- In swing state suburbs, white women are skeptical of Trump Updated: May-21-16 1:05 pm
WESTERVILLE, Ohio - For Donald Trump to win the White House in November, he'll need the votes of women like lifelong Republican Wendy Emery.
- William Weld's latest quixotic quest: A Libertarian VP run Updated: May-21-16 12:37 pm
BOSTON - News that William Weld hopes to run for vice president on the Libertarian Party ticket may have come as a shock to longtime Beacon Hill watchers this week. Or maybe not.
- Sanders seeks out Democrats in heavily Hispanic New Mexico Updated: May-21-16 12:27 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Sen. Bernie Sanders made a fiery appeal Friday to Democratic voters in New Mexico to help boost his campaign's momentum going into the final round of state primaries, acknowledging he will need to win "almost all" of the remaining contests to get the nomination.
- The Latest: Sanders trying to energize New Mexico voters Updated: May-20-16 10:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a presidential campaign swing through New Mexico by Sen. Bernie Sanders (all times local):
- Trump, Sanders, Clinton storm into California Updated: May-20-16 6:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Presidential candidates Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will crisscross California in coming days, with the state's crucial primary election closing in.
- Bill Clinton campaigns for Hillary Clinton in Fargo Updated: May-20-16 6:44 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Former President Bill Clinton stressed Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton's experience and ability to work with members of the Republic Party in urging North Dakota residents to vote for her in the state's Democratic caucus on June 7.
- Bill Clinton campaigns for Hillary Clinton in Sioux Falls Updated: May-20-16 3:48 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former President Bill Clinton touted Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton's experience as a U.S. senator and secretary of state in exhorting South Dakotans to vote for her in the state's June 7 primary.
- AIDS fundraiser emcee Kevin Spacey mocks Donald Trump Updated: May-20-16 1:35 am
CAP D'ANTIBES, France - Kevin Spacey bashed Donald Trump during an AIDS fundraiser, saying he would enjoy visiting a place with "so many casinos to bankrupt."
- Hungary: US wants to fill Europe with Muslim migrants Updated: May-19-16 2:38 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - President Barack Obama and the United States favor illegal migration in Europe because they want to fill it up with Muslims, the chief of staff of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said Thursday.