- Facing NH loss, Clinton looks ahead to counter Sanders Updated: Feb-07-16 8:15 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - With a victory seemingly out of reach in New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton is looking ahead to the next round of voting to reposition her campaign to counter the rising primary threat of insurgent Sen. Bernie Sanders.
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders missteps Updated: Feb-05-16 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest Democratic debate found Hillary Clinton in a defensive crouch about her Wall Street ties and making iffy claims about that longtime relationship. Rival Bernie Sanders offered a fumbling account of a campaign ad that boasted of endorsements that were bogus.
- Former President Bill Clinton in Nevada to boost caucus Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Campaign officials say former President Bill Clinton will headline rallies in Las Vegas and rural Nye County to support presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton and boost enthusiasm ahead of the Feb. 20 state Democratic caucus.
- Louisiana Senate race draws its first Democratic candidate Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has its first Democratic contender.
- Chelsea Clinton will raise money for mom in Columbus Updated: Feb-04-16 3:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Chelsea Clinton is appearing at a private gathering later this month to raise money for her mother's presidential campaign.
- Ballot measure to let 18-year-olds serve in office advances Updated: Feb-01-16 2:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A ballot measure that would let 18-year-olds take public office in Nebraska won first-round approval from lawmakers Monday, despite some misgivings about maturity levels.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Harvey Weinstein honored at amfAR New York Fashion Week gala Updated: Jan-28-16 5:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Foundation for AIDS Research is recognizing film producer Harvey Weinstein at its annual New York Fashion Week gala.
- Voters conflicted on relevance of Clinton marriage drama Updated: Jan-28-16 3:36 am
WASHINGTON - It's fair game. It's ancient history.
- Analysis of racial polling shows whites more aware of racism Updated: Jan-28-16 12:20 am
PHILADELPHIA - More white Americans now share the view, long held by minorities, that racism is a national problem and should be confronted, according to an analysis of recent public opinion polling.
- Analysis: US student arrest renews scrutiny of NKorean tours Updated: Jan-27-16 6:14 am
TOKYO - An American university student's arrest in North Korea has rekindled questions about whether a small but steady trickle of U.S. tourists who go to the country are unwittingly offering themselves up as valuable pawns in a political game with Pyongyang that can have serious repercussions for officials back in Washington who have to bail them out when things go wrong.
- Presidential race shows evolving gender roles in politics Updated: Jan-22-16 7:39 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Carly Fiorina has a husband who quit his career to further hers. Chris Christie boasts of his wife being the family's top earner. Hillary Clinton is looking to get back into the White House, but this time as president.
- Clinton's response to Sanders has some Democrats worried Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton has questioned Bernie Sanders' electability. She's criticized his plans for health care, foreign policy and Wall Street. And she's tagged him with flip-flopping on gun control.
- Utah congressmen unveil draft of public lands plan Updated: Jan-20-16 6:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two Utah congressmen unveiled a draft plan Wednesday that calls for protecting 4 million acres of public land in Utah in exchange for freeing up more than 1 million acres for recreation and oil and gas development.
- Immigration tops politically charged caseload for high court Updated: Jan-20-16 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's decision to add immigration to its already robust list of politically charged cases means a raft of rulings in the late spring or early summer that could inject the court into the presidential campaign.
- NFL picks 2 VPs, including former Clinton press secretary Updated: Jan-19-16 4:50 pm
NEW YORK - Joe Lockhart, a former press secretary for President Bill Clinton, will join the NFL as the league's executive vice president of communications.
- In tight race, Democrats debate passion versus practicality Updated: Jan-18-16 8:24 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - With just two weeks to go before the first votes of the 2016 race for president, Democrats Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders engaged in their most contentious debate match-up to date, underscoring their tightening primary race as the Iowa caucuses draw near.
- Another potential 'First Guy' on the 2016 trail: Meet Frank Updated: Jan-18-16 3:44 am
MARION, Iowa - Frank Fiorina is hitting the road in Iowa and other early voting states for his wife Carly Fiorina, the former technology CEO seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- The Latest: Updates from the Democratic presidential debate Updated: Jan-17-16 9:35 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Here are the latest developments from the Democratic presidential candidates' final debate before the Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses.
- Hillary Clinton campaign deploys husband Bill very carefully Updated: Jan-16-16 7:03 am
KEENE, New Hampshire - Bill Clinton promised voters in 1992 that they'd be getting "two for the price of one" if they elected him to the White House - a presidential duo of the young Arkansas governor and his Yale Law-educated wife.
- Short list for US bench in Seattle includes 2 state judges Updated: Jan-15-16 1:40 pm
SEATTLE - Two federal prosecutors, two King County Superior Court judges and a partner in a major law firm have made the short list for openings on the federal bench in Seattle.
- Nielsen: 31.3 million watched Obama's last State of Union Updated: Jan-13-16 6:27 pm
PASADENA, California - The Nielsen company says 31.3 million people watched President Barack Obama deliver his last State of the Union, his smallest audience for the annual speech.
- Patty Hearst prosecutor James Browning dies at 83 in Arizona Updated: Jan-13-16 5:48 pm
PHOENIX - The lead prosecutor in the case that sent newspaper heiress Patty Hearst to jail in what was then one of the most sensational trials in U.S. history has died in Arizona. He was 83.
- Watching Obama speech? Check out political dynamics Updated: Jan-12-16 7:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House is promising a nontraditional address for President Barack Obama's final State of the Union. But, no, don't look for him to slow-jam Tuesday's speech or rap it.
- Questions and answers about the State of the Union address Updated: Jan-12-16 3:28 am
WASHINGTON - Since the tradition of a State of the Union address began in the late 18th century, only a few presidents have not delivered their final speech in person.