- U2 welcomes the Clintons, Springsteen at New York show Updated: Aug-01-15 9:46 am
NEW YORK - For its last of eight shows at Madison Square Garden and the finale to its North American tour, U2 welcomed some very famous guests.
- Clinton releases tax, medical records as emails made public Updated: Aug-01-15 3:21 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband paid close to $44 million in federal taxes since 2007 and she is in "excellent physical condition," two facts that emerged in a flood of disclosures from the campaign of the Democratic presidential candidate.
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14 Updated: Jul-31-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, earned more than $139 million between 2007 and 2014, according to eight years of federal income tax returns released by her campaign on Friday.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.
- Clinton charity donors surge amid Hillary Clinton's campaign Updated: Jul-30-15 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A new list of donors to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation shows a marked surge in donations and the numbers of contributors to the family charity in the first half of this year - at the same time that Hillary Rodham Clinton ramped up her campaign for the presidency.
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson Updated: Jul-30-15 4:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic parties in the three states that start the presidential nominating process are exploring ending their association with two former White House occupants: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.
- For North Korea, Iran-style nuclear deal not an option Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - If any hopes have been raised that the progress between the United States and Iran to halt Tehran's development of nuclear weapons could bring change in Pyongyang, North Korea has gone out of its way to thwart them.
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar, reclusive in life and death Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 pm
- Parole for Pollard revisits divisions over extent of harm Updated: Jul-29-15 1:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The arrest of Jonathan Pollard for spying for Israel touched off one of the most sensational spy cases in recent American history, stoking fierce international passions and decades of legal and diplomatic wrangling.
- Chelsea Clinton in Haiti to visit family foundation projects Updated: Jul-28-15 8:52 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Chelsea Clinton on Tuesday encouraged women to educate themselves and learn how to be more independent during a trip to Haiti to oversee projects financed by the Clinton Foundation.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Senator refers to 'idiot inner-city kids' Updated: Jul-23-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, in criticizing liberals on school choice, referred to "idiot inner-city kids."
- Gov. Wolf names Isenhour to succeed chief of staff McGinty Updated: Jul-23-15 1:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf tapped to his top liaison to state lawmakers to become his next chief of staff on Thursday as her predecessor prepares to run for U.S. Senate.
- Official: Pennsylvania governor's aide preparing Senate bid Updated: Jul-22-15 6:42 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The top aide to Pennsylvania's governor resigned Wednesday in preparation to run for U.S. Senate in 2016 in a state seen by Democrats as key to helping them regain the chamber's majority.
- Hillary Clinton tries to lift Democrats' spirits in Arkansas Updated: Jul-18-15 11:10 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Returning to the state where she served as first lady for 12 years, Hillary Rodham Clinton tried to lift the spirits of Arkansas Democrats on Saturday night after recent losses that have turned what was once friendly turf for her party into decidedly Republican territory
- Clinton eulogizes promoter of National Civil Rights Museum Updated: Jul-18-15 6:08 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former President Bill Clinton led the eulogies Saturday for D'Army Bailey, a lawyer and judge who helped preserve the Memphis hotel where civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated and turn it into the National Civil Rights Museum.
- Hillary Clinton returns to Arkansas, now behind GOP lines Updated: Jul-17-15 1:47 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - As she ramps up her presidential campaign, Hillary Rodham Clinton is returning this weekend to a state that's part of her home territory - a place she's so well known her name adorns landmarks including the national airport and a children's library.
- Obama calls for shorter sentences for nonviolent convicts Updated: Jul-14-15 7:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Calling it an issue America can't afford to ignore, President Barack Obama laid out an expansive vision Tuesday for fixing the criminal justice system by focusing on communities, courtrooms and cellblocks. He announced a federal review of the use of solitary confinement and urged Congress to pass a sentencing reform bill by year's end.
- Obama commutes sentences of 2 Louisiana men Updated: Jul-13-15 4:16 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Two Louisiana men were among 46 inmates nationwide whose prison sentences for non-violent drug offenses were commuted by President Barack Obama.
- Srebrenica ceremonies marred by attack on Serbia's premier Updated: Jul-11-15 3:28 pm
SREBRENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina - A crowd of furious Bosnian Muslims jumped over fences and attacked Serbia's prime minister with stones and water bottles on Saturday, marring the 20th anniversary commemorations of the Srebrenica massacre.
- Many Glacier Hotel survived fires, floods, ravages of time Updated: Jul-09-15 4:18 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Anyone who has worked at or spent any substantial amount of time at the Many Glacier Hotel will tell you the same thing: It's a special place with a rich and unique history.
- Shaheen part of delegation heading to Bosnia-Herzegovina Updated: Jul-09-15 6:28 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire is part of a delegation that will attend the commemoration marking the 20th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre.
- Bill Clinton to lead US delegation to Srebrenica anniversary Updated: Jul-08-15 6:06 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has picked former President Bill Clinton to lead the U.S. delegation to the commemoration marking the 20th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre.
- Democratic Rep. Tobias Read announces run for treasurer Updated: Jul-08-15 2:48 pm
SALEM, Oregon - State Rep. Tobias Read is planning a run for Oregon treasurer.
- McAuliffe lags behind predecessor in big donor fundraising Updated: Jul-08-15 11:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is lagging behind his GOP predecessor in big donor fundraising going into a key election season.
- Obama hosts Vietnam Communist Party chief at White House Updated: Jul-07-15 5:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Bolstered by new trade negotiating powers from Congress, President Barack Obama held an unprecedented meeting Tuesday with the head of Vietnam's Communist Party as the U.S. pressed ahead to conclude talks on a groundbreaking Asia-Pacific economic pact.