- French police force open fuel depot amid protests, shortages Updated: May-24-16 1:18 pm
PARIS - French police used water cannons on Tuesday to disperse projectile-throwing protesters blocking a key fuel depot on the Mediterranean, as gasoline shortages spread around the country amid increasingly tense labor actions.
- French premier pushes Mideast initiative with Palestinians Updated: May-24-16 10:55 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - France's prime minister said Tuesday that peace between Israelis and the Palestinians is also important for security in Europe.
- Fuel blockades lead to shortages in Paris, police action Updated: May-23-16 2:09 pm
FOS-SUR-MER, France - Behind a barricade of flaming tires, striking workers in front of the Fos-sur-Mer oil depot are standing firm, playing the accordion - and slowly draining France of its fuel.
- Netanyahu proclaims support for peace, despite French rebuff Updated: May-23-16 1:11 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's leader on Monday reiterated his support for the establishment of a Palestinian state, seeking to persuade critics that he remains committed to peace as he prepares to bring a polarizing hardliner into his Cabinet.
- Fake bomb at Man United sparks renewed security fears Updated: May-16-16 1:25 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The discovery of a fake bomb inside Old Trafford brought embarrassment and potentially a $4 million bill to Manchester United, raising serious questions about the security arrangements in place at one of the world's biggest sports teams.
- The Latest: French premier survives no-confidence vote Updated: May-12-16 2:18 pm
PARIS - The Latest on the French government facing a no-confidence vote over labor law, and protests against the legislation (all times local):
- Hundreds rally as French govt pushes ahead with labor reform Updated: May-10-16 4:46 pm
PARIS - Paris police sprayed rubber pellets and tear gas on hundreds of protesters outside France's National Assembly on Tuesday, hours after the government decided to use special powers to push a hotly contested labor reform through the lower house of parliament without a vote.
- Paris fan zone under 24/7 surveillance during Euro 2016 Updated: May-09-16 12:18 pm
PARIS - The huge fan zone in the French capital during the European Championship will meet the "highest security standards," Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo said Monday.
- French leader says all new subs will be built in Australia Updated: May-02-16 1:19 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A new fleet of French-designed Australian submarines will be built in Australia on time and within budget, the French prime minister said on Monday.
- Bouteflika back in Algeria after medical visit to Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 10:22 am
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's state news agency says President Abdelaziz Bouteflika returned to his country Friday after a five-day visit to Geneva for what his office described as a "periodic medical checkup."