- French taxi drivers smash cars in strike against Uber Updated: Jun-25-15 9:45 pm
PARIS - French taxi drivers pulled out the throttle in an all-out confrontation with the ultra-cheap Uber car service Thursday, smashing livery cars, setting tires ablaze and blocking traffic during a nationwide strike that caught tourists and celebrities alike in the mayhem.
- Paris becomes 4th city to join race for 2024 Olympic Games Updated: Jun-23-15 9:33 am
PARIS - Paris declared its candidacy for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, becoming the fourth city to enter the race and setting out its vision for bringing the games back to the French capital for the first time in 100 years.
- French premier uses stick, not carrot, with Socialist rebels Updated: Jun-16-15 2:40 pm
PARIS - Those defending France's famously stringent labor protections were in an uproar Tuesday as the Socialist government rammed through relatively modest reforms in the land of the 35-hour workweek.
- French prime minister under fire for jet trip to soccer game Updated: Jun-09-15 11:15 am
PARIS - French Prime Minister Manuel Valls is defending himself against accusations from within his party that he's leading a jet-setting lifestyle inappropriate for a Socialist.
- France to fight joblessness by boosting temporary contracts Updated: Jun-09-15 7:26 am
PARIS - French Prime Minister Manuel Valls wants to allow employers to extend short-term job contracts, as the government gradually loosens labor restrictions in a bid to fight persistently high unemployment.