- French leader says all new subs will be built in Australia Updated: May-02-16 1:19 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A new fleet of French-designed Australian submarines will be built in Australia on time and within budget, the French prime minister said on Monday.
- Bouteflika back in Algeria after medical visit to Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 10:22 am
ALGIERS, Algeria - Algeria's state news agency says President Abdelaziz Bouteflika returned to his country Friday after a five-day visit to Geneva for what his office described as a "periodic medical checkup."
- Algerian president goes to Switzerland for medical tests Updated: Apr-24-16 9:58 am
ALGIERS - Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika has traveled to Switzerland for medical tests.
- Karim Benzema ruled out of Euro 2016 because of ongoing case Updated: Apr-13-16 2:25 pm
Karim Benzema will not play for France at this year's European Championship after his national federation ruled against his return due to an ongoing legal case, clearly fearing that his inclusion would disrupt harmony within the host nation's squad.
- French premier favors Muslim headscarf ban at universities Updated: Apr-13-16 9:49 am
PARIS - France's prime minister says he'd favor a ban on Muslim headscarves in universities, prompting criticism from within his own government.
- Correction: Offshore Accounts-Investigation story Updated: Apr-12-16 9:18 am
PARIS - In a story April 10 about reports that Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca had usurped the name of the Red Cross to help hide millions of dollars in questionable funds, The Associated Press reported erroneously that two newspapers alleged that a foundation set up by the firm played a role in obscuring the finances of Elena Baturina, the wife of Moscow's ex-mayor. The reports actually said the foundation was linked to a former business partner of Baturina's. Baturina's representative said she did not sanction her former partner's activities and had no links to Mossack Fonseca.