- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- Platini's CAS appeal to take place in Blatter's presence Updated: Apr-26-16 12:21 pm
- Blatter claims role in trying to remove African president Updated: Apr-21-16 12:47 pm
ZURICH - Reveling in his international diplomacy role, former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has revealed he was asked by Switzerland's foreign ministry last year to help persuade an African president to leave office.
- New FIFA head tries out his Russian in meeting with Putin Updated: Apr-20-16 1:53 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has met with new FIFA president Gianni Infantino, who tried out a few phrases he has learned to say in Russian during his visit to check on preparations for the 2018 World Cup.
- CAS to hold hearings in May in Russian doping cases Updated: Apr-18-16 11:26 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport will hold hearings next month in the doping cases of 12 Russian track and field athletes hoping to compete at the Olympics.
- FIFA ethics judge Damiani resigns while under suspicion Updated: Apr-06-16 3:11 pm
GENEVA - Under suspicion in the fallout from the global offshore accounts investigation, Uruguayan lawyer Juan Pedro Damiani resigned as a FIFA ethics judge on Wednesday.
- Swiss police raid UEFA over TV deal with indicted executives Updated: Apr-06-16 2:51 pm
GENEVA - UEFA was raided by Swiss police on Wednesday and handed over evidence of a Champions League television rights contract with an offshore marketing agency implicated in the FIFA bribery scandal.
- FIFA judge faces ethics investigation over offshore accounts Updated: Apr-04-16 12:33 pm
GENEVA - A FIFA judge who helped ban Sepp Blatter for financial misconduct is now under investigation by his ethics committee colleagues after being named in an international probe of offshore accounts.