- Republicans draw in more money for top La. statewide races Updated: Jul-27-15 8:23 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republicans are outraising Democrats in Louisiana's top two races on the Oct. 24 ballot, for governor and lieutenant governor - and pouring more of their own money into their competitions as well, according to the latest campaign reports.
- Q&A: What happened to government's small business loans? Updated: Jul-23-15 5:50 pm
NEW YORK - The government's biggest small business loan program is on hold after running out of money.
- Vitter: $1.3M raised in latest quarter for governor's race Updated: Jul-20-15 1:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - U.S. Sen. David Vitter continues his strong fundraising in the Louisiana governor's race.
- Lawmakers back company responsible for decade-old Gulf leak Updated: Jul-16-15 4:40 am
WASHINGTON - Capitol Hill lawmakers from Louisiana have intervened on behalf of a New Orleans company that has failed to stop a decade-old oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico but lobbied for a refund of money reserved for spill containment work, according to letters obtained by The Associated Press through public records requests.
- Fort Polk to lose 388 troops amid Army cuts Updated: Jul-09-15 2:58 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Fort Polk Army base in central Louisiana is in line to lose 388 troops as the Army announces cuts in active duty forces.
- Virginia Shehee, ex-state senator from Shreveport, dies Updated: Jul-07-15 8:01 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Shreveport businesswoman and philanthropist Virginia Kilpatrick Shehee, who was also a former state senator, has died after a long illness.
- Democrat running for governor won't support education leader Updated: Jun-29-15 6:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's schools superintendent may want to stick around for another term, but at least one candidate running for governor has no interest in keeping him.