- All major governor candidates highlight abortion opposition Updated: Oct-08-15 12:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Abortion rights supporters who want to make the procedure easier to obtain in Louisiana can count on getting zero support from the state's next governor.
- TV ad spending in Louisiana election at $9.4M and rising Updated: Oct-08-15 5:28 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Spending on TV advertising for Louisiana's Oct. 24 election has reached nearly $9.4 million, with the governor's race accounting for most of the money. But spending by candidates for attorney general and lieutenant governor are on the rise as the election nears.
- The Latest: Candidates say tax break cuts would help budget Updated: Oct-07-15 9:33 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest on the Louisiana governor's race as three of the major candidates debate issues affecting the state:
- Governor candidates to debate on TV without David Vitter Updated: Oct-07-15 4:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter defended his planned absence in the latest TV debate in the Louisiana governor's race, saying his work in Washington is the culprit.
- La. congressional members ask for extension on new ID rules Updated: Oct-06-15 4:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Most of Louisiana's congressional delegation asked the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to let state residents continue to use their driver's licenses to enter federal courthouses and offices.
- Democrat Edwards trying to break party slump in Louisiana Updated: Oct-02-15 3:05 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Democratic candidate for governor John Bel Edwards has surged in recent polls, raising hopes among Democrats that they might reclaim a top position in a state where Republicans hold every statewide elected job.
- Bayou Corne sinkhole becomes attack point in governor's race Updated: Sep-25-15 7:35 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A three-year-old sinkhole that forced 350 rural Louisiana residents from their homes has become a flashpoint in the governor's race, with Republican candidate David Vitter accusing GOP rival Scott Angelle of running away from the catastrophe.
- Vitter sitting on $4M for final weeks of governor's race Updated: Sep-24-15 7:42 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The only major Democratic contender in the Louisiana governor's race, John Bel Edwards, had the largest haul in the latest fundraising period. But Republican David Vitter still has the heftiest campaign account.
- Dardenne announces statewide tour for La. governor's race Updated: Sep-23-15 4:10 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican candidate for governor Jay Dardenne has announced a statewide tour in his campaign for the Oct. 24 election.
- New Orleans, Acadiana airports get federal funds Updated: Sep-18-15 4:15 am
NEW ORLEANS - The airports serving New Orleans and the Acadiana region are getting millions of dollars in federal grant funding.
- Analysis: Candidates have 6 weeks to sell Louisiana voters Updated: Sep-13-15 5:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's three-day candidate registration always provides a dose of political theater, but the latest qualifying period also offered clues about individual strategies, talking points and areas that contenders want to dodge.
- Sign-up period for Oct. 24 election ends with few surprises Updated: Sep-10-15 7:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - No unexpected twists stirred up things at the top of the ballot, as the candidate sign-up period for Louisiana's Oct. 24 election ended Thursday.