- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- NHL's "Ironmen" ready to carry heavy load in playoffs Updated: Apr-13-16 12:24 pm
The real test of Kris Letang's relentless stamina doesn't come in the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room after a long game. When he logs the kind of ice time that looks like a typo on the stat sheet, the big challenge comes the next morning, when his young son Alex hops into bed ready for dad to get up and play.
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- Sharks tab Martin Jones as Game 1 starter in goal Updated: Apr-12-16 4:25 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Martin Jones spent a Stanley Cup run as Jonathan Quick's backup in Los Angeles learning what it takes to thrive as a starting goaltender in the playoffs.
- Reimer makes 29 saves, Sharks beat Wild 3-0 Updated: Apr-05-16 11:47 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The San Jose Sharks got to celebrate a franchise record for road wins following a 3-0 victory at Minnesota on Tuesday night.
- Couture lifts Sharks to 3-2 shootout win over Predators Updated: Apr-03-16 12:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A two-goal deficit in the third period wasn't too much to overcome for one of the NHL's best road teams.
- Hansen helps Canucks snap 9-game skid with 4-2 win vs Sharks Updated: Apr-01-16 2:04 am
SAN JOSE, California - Another home loss by San Jose means the Sharks will almost assuredly start the postseason on the road.