- NY lawmakers consider limit on opioid drug prescriptions Updated: May-29-16 1:40 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers are considering legislation to limit the amount of prescription opioid drugs patients can get after an initial visit to the doctor's office, part of an effort to reduce the amount of pills that accumulate in medicine cabinets and help fuel a statewide addiction crisis.
- World's largest hedge fund gets aid package from Connecticut Updated: May-27-16 2:54 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A commission approved a $22 million loan and grant package on Friday to help the world's largest hedge fund upgrade and expand its offices despite questions about whether the deal makes financial sense for a state facing continued budget problems.
- Connecticut governor rarely meets legislators, records show Updated: May-22-16 12:47 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy doesn't spend a lot of time chit-chatting with state legislators, something politicians from both parties agree helps build the personal connections needed to get things done at the state Capitol.
- Connecticut's credit rating downgraded by 2 agencies Updated: May-19-16 7:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two bond rating agencies on Thursday downgraded Connecticut's credit worthiness, citing uncertainty about whether the state has the financial flexibility to handle any future budget challenges.
- GOP leader says lawmakers should stick to budget in session Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - When Connecticut legislators return to the state Capitol for a special session to finish the budget, they're expected to also vote on Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's latest criminal justice reform bill.
- Highlights of what passed, failed in legislative session Updated: May-05-16 12:18 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Despite Wednesday's adjournment deadline, Connecticut legislators planned to return, possibly early next week, to vote on a new budget for fiscal year 2017, budget-related bills and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's criminal justice bill.
- Connecticut lawmakers move to update handicapped signs Updated: May-04-16 11:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A proposal to modernize the ubiquitous handicapped symbol that marks parking spaces, building entrances and restrooms in Connecticut is heading to Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Reality TV star urges lawmakers to scrap bail bond proposal Updated: May-02-16 3:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The wife of Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman is urging Connecticut lawmakers to oppose Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's proposed changes to the state's bail bonds system.
- Connecticut governor gets JFK award for pro-refugee stance Updated: May-01-16 3:27 pm
Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy received the 2016 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Sunday for his public support of resettling Syrian refugees in the U.S.