- Connecticut budget battle goes into extra innings Updated: May-05-16 12:42 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democratic leaders scrapped plans Wednesday evening to push through an 11th-hour budget deal on the final day of the legislative session, acknowledging there was not enough time to pass the bill before a fast-approaching midnight adjournment.
- Highlights of what passed, failed in legislative session Updated: May-05-16 12:18 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Despite Wednesday's adjournment deadline, Connecticut legislators planned to return, possibly early next week, to vote on a new budget for fiscal year 2017, budget-related bills and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's criminal justice bill.
- Connecticut lawmakers move to update handicapped signs Updated: May-04-16 11:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A proposal to modernize the ubiquitous handicapped symbol that marks parking spaces, building entrances and restrooms in Connecticut is heading to Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Reality TV star urges lawmakers to scrap bail bond proposal Updated: May-02-16 3:44 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The wife of Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman is urging Connecticut lawmakers to oppose Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's proposed changes to the state's bail bonds system.
- Connecticut governor gets JFK award for pro-refugee stance Updated: May-01-16 3:27 pm
Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy received the 2016 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Sunday for his public support of resettling Syrian refugees in the U.S.
- The Latest: House passes restraining order change Updated: Apr-28-16 12:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on bill barring people with temporary restraining orders from possessing firearms (all times local):
- Clinton, Trump win primaries in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 11:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary in Connecticut, claiming a narrow victory Tuesday over U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in a state where she campaigned on pledges to address gun violence.
- Tribes say letter shows new casino won't hurt slots deal Updated: Apr-26-16 7:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Leaders of Connecticut's two federally recognized Indian tribes informed state legislators Tuesday they've received preliminary assurances from federal officials that gambling agreements with the state would not be jeopardized by the proposed third casino they hope to open.
- Hillary Clinton to campaign in Connecticut ahead of primary Updated: Apr-18-16 12:57 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is bringing her presidential campaign to Connecticut.
- UConn celebrate NCAA women's title with victory parade Updated: Apr-10-16 10:35 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut women's basketball team was feted Sunday with a victory parade and rally in downtown Hartford following its unprecedented fourth consecutive NCAA tournament championship.
- The Latest: Conservative leader praises Mississippi law Updated: Apr-06-16 7:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on reactions to a Mississippi law allowing government employees, religious groups and some private businesses to cite their own religious beliefs to deny services to lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people (all times local):
- Connecticut governor bars state-funded travel to Mississippi Updated: Apr-06-16 4:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is banning state-funded travel to yet another state that has passed legislation he's criticized as discriminatory.