- Gov. Malloy orders flags lowered after Oregon shooting Updated: Oct-03-15 11:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has ordered flags lowered to half-staff in honor of the nine people killed after a gunman opened fire on an Oregon community college campus.
- Connecticut governor calls pope inspiring and enlightening Updated: Sep-23-15 7:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says Pope Francis was both "inspiring and enlightening" during his first full day in Washington, D.C.
- Hartford mayor drops re-election bid after primary loss Updated: Sep-22-15 11:09 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford's mayor is dropping his bid for re-election following his defeat last week in the Democratic primary.
- State, federal officials celebrate new I-95 bridge Updated: Sep-19-15 5:35 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Thousands have walked across the replacement Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge on Interstate 95 in New Haven to celebrate its completion.
- Ex-convict a step closer to regaining Bridgeport mayor post Updated: Sep-17-15 5:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Mayor and ex-convict Joe Ganim says the people of Bridgeport have spoken in nominating him as the city's Democratic mayoral candidate. But incumbent Bill Finch is vowing a fight all the way to the November general election.
- Lawmakers meet with CEO over prospect of GE's departure Updated: Sep-16-15 6:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Sen. Chris Murphy says he, Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Rep. Jim Himes have met with General Electric Co. chief executive Jeff Immelt in an effort to keep the industrial giant from leaving Connecticut.
- Hartford, Bridgeport mayors facing tough primary challenges Updated: Sep-13-15 10:42 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Municipal primary elections do not regularly attract a lot of attention, but this year is an exception in several Connecticut cities.