- Scherzer, Nationals lose 2-1 to Braves Updated: Jul-02-15 11:32 pm
ATLANTA - Max Scherzer turned away in disgust as Cameron Maybin's chopper bounced over third base.
- Maybin's 9th-inning single helps Braves beat Scherzer 2-1 Updated: Jul-02-15 10:53 pm
ATLANTA - Cameron Maybin got exactly what he wanted - a chance to make up for his fielding mistake with a big hit against one of the game's best pitchers.
- Braves fall behind early, lose again to Nationals 6-1 Updated: Jun-30-15 11:15 pm
ATLANTA - Shelby Miller couldn't afford a rough first inning against a Washington team that has bullied the Atlanta Braves all season.
- Rays beat Nationals 5-3 as Harper leaves game Updated: Jun-19-15 12:35 am
WASHINGTON - While the crowd at Nationals Park was worried about the home team's star slugger Thursday night, the Tampa Bay Rays left town with a two-game sweep.
- Pitching In: Mop-up duty on mound for 6 position players Updated: Jun-18-15 5:30 am
Thanks to several blowouts in baseball the last two nights, a whopping six position players were summoned to the mound to save their bullpens during garbage time. Here's a look at how those hitters fared when asked to pitch in on mop-up duty:
- Scherzer throws 1-hitter and fans 16, Nationals beat Brewers Updated: Jun-14-15 6:57 pm
MILWAUKEE - The way Max Scherzer was pitching, the Milwaukee Brewers were going to need a bit of luck to even manage getting anyone on base.
- Nationals put 1B Ryan Zimmerman on DL, recall OF den Dekker Updated: Jun-11-15 7:37 pm
MILWAUKEE - Ryan Zimmerman tried to play with a sore left foot, but every step gave him pain.
- Yankees lose closer Andrew Miller to forearm injury Updated: Jun-10-15 7:09 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees' dominant bullpen took a big hit when the team announced closer Andrew Miller has a left forearm strain and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list.
- Span infield hit in 11th lifts Nationals over Yankees 5-4 Updated: Jun-10-15 7:09 pm
NEW YORK - Denard Span decided during warmpus that the tightness in his back was tolerable and he would give playing a shot.
- Bryant gets 3 hits as Cubs score 6-3 win over Nationals Updated: Jun-07-15 9:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Chicago manager Joe Maddon liked how his team played against Washington this weekend. He just wants the Cubs to play that way all the time.