- Democratic hopefuls seek support at party dinner in Ohio Updated: Jun-01-15 1:02 am
MASON, Ohio - Two Ohio candidates seeking to be the Democratic party's nominee for U.S. Senate in 2016 took their political messages to the Warren County Democratic Party on Sunday, but one had the advantage of name recognition.
- Congress members back bills to phase out plastic microbeads Updated: May-26-15 3:01 pm
DETROIT - Two Michigan lawmakers say they and other members of Congress are sponsoring bipartisan legislation to protect the Great Lakes from the damaging effects of plastic microbeads found in some soaps and personal care products.
- Senate clears White House-backed trade bill Updated: May-23-15 4:33 am
WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Senate passed bipartisan legislation Friday night to strengthen the administration's hand in global trade talks, clearing the way for a highly unpredictable summer showdown in the House.
- Obama, Senate GOP work together on trade bill Updated: May-19-15 7:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration and Senate Republicans worked in unusual harmony Tuesday to advance major trade legislation opposed by many rank-and-file Democrats, an expanding struggle already leaving a mark on the 2016 campaigns for the White House and control of Congress.
- Democratic Senate candidate wants 6 Ohio primary debates Updated: May-19-15 1:38 pm
CINCINNATI - A Cincinnati city councilman running for U.S. Senate proposed six Democratic primary debates around Ohio with his veteran opponent.
- Ohio cases highlight challenges in domestic terror probes Updated: May-16-15 11:31 am
CINCINNATI - The father of one of the men described him as a stay-at-home "Mommy's boy," while the other young man's attorney said he was "a normal 23-year-old kid."
- Federal bill would name VA center for fallen Ohio soldier Updated: May-16-15 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - Legislation to honor an Ohio solider who died in the Vietnam War by naming a Veterans Affairs clinic for him has been introduced in Congress.
- In US Senate bid, Democrat Sittenfeld says new voice needed Updated: May-14-15 2:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Cincinnati councilman running for U.S. Senate said Thursday that Democrats need a choice in the 2016 election and he intends to remain in the race.
- Texas gay discrimination bill opens complex father-son split Updated: May-06-15 7:13 pm
HOUSTON - Beau Miller and Patrick Summers have been partners for four years, but last December was the first time they spent Christmas at Miller's parents' home.