- Senators says cable TV users aren't refunded for overcharges Updated: Jun-23-16 12:50 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate investigation of cable TV costs released Thursday criticized two major cable companies for consistently failing to provide refunds to customers they knew had been overcharged.
- Ohio's GOP senator considering gun compromise Updated: Jun-21-16 6:09 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's Republican U.S. senator expressed interest Tuesday in a compromise gun control measure being offered in the aftermath of defeats this week of other legislation.
- Vulnerable GOP senators side with NRA on gun votes Updated: Jun-21-16 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - Among the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control. So did Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson.
- Strickland pitches women with family, economic policies Updated: Jun-21-16 12:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland of Ohio is appealing to the women's vote with a package of policy initiatives that he says promote strong families, economic equality, health care access and affordable child care.
- In Appalachia Ohio, party allegiances dissolve, TV ads spar Updated: Jun-19-16 5:35 pm
LISBON, Ohio - Skip Hawk is Ohio's close political divide personified. The 66-year-old retired foreman pondered his fall ballot options over a gravy-slathered breakfast at the Steel Trolley Diner recently and figured he'll probably pick Republican Donald Trump for president but local son Ted Strickland, a Democrat, in the race for U.S. Senate.
- Public pays respects to former GOP senator and Ohio governor Updated: Jun-16-16 4:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Ohio Gov. John Kasich and other elected officials and former state office holders paid their respects Thursday to former U.S. senator, Ohio governor and Cleveland mayor George Voinovich.
- Insurer's demise raises concerns about Ohioans' coverage Updated: Jun-16-16 4:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Health care advocates and a U.S. senator are raising concerns that nearly 22,000 Ohioans could end up paying much more for health care as their struggling insurer winds down its operations.
- Former GOP senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich dies Updated: Jun-12-16 5:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Republican U.S. Sen. George Voinovich, a two-term Ohio governor who preached frugality in his personal and public life and occasionally bucked the GOP establishment, died Sunday. He was 79.
- The Latest: Elder Bush mourns Voinovich as political ally Updated: Jun-12-16 5:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on the death of former U.S. senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich (all times local):
- US Senate hopeful Strickland visits eastern Ohio home base Updated: Jun-08-16 2:04 pm
LISBON, Ohio - Democrat Ted Strickland visited his union-heavy home base in eastern Ohio on Wednesday to remind voters of his pro-labor record as he tries to unseat Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman.
- Coal miners PAC backs Portman over Strickland for US Senate Updated: Jun-02-16 4:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A coal miners' union influential in Appalachian Ohio endorsed Republican incumbent Rob Portman on Thursday over rival Ted Strickland in the closely watched contest for U.S. Senate.
- GOP's Portman releases TV ads in US Senate race in Ohio Updated: May-31-16 5:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - U.S. Sen. Rob Portman touts his efforts to tackle heroin addiction in the first statewide television ads of his 2016 re-election campaign to be aired beginning Wednesday.
- Independent candidate joins Ohio's US Senate race Updated: May-28-16 9:21 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An independent candidate is challenging Republican incumbent Rob Portman and Democrat Ted Strickland in Ohio's U.S. Senate race.