- Democrats' old, new guard clash over US Senate race in Ohio Updated: Jul-23-15 9:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former and current chairmen are clashing over the Ohio Democratic Party's treatment of a young challenger who has refused to drop out of the 2016 race for a U.S. Senate seat also sought by former Gov. Ted Strickland.
- Report: Social Security disability fund to run dry next year Updated: Jul-22-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - The 11 million Americans who receive Social Security disability face steep benefit cuts next year, the government said Wednesday, handing lawmakers a fiscal and political crisis in the middle of a presidential campaign.
- Ohio Dem leader: Cincinnati Council should focus on crime Updated: Jul-17-15 2:34 pm
CINCINNATI - The chairman of Ohio's Democratic Party is calling on current Cincinnati council members to focus on a solution for the city's recent crime spike.
- Steamboat could return to rivers if OK'd by Congress Updated: Jul-11-15 3:11 pm
CINCINNATI - The historic Delta Queen steamboat could once again carry passengers on overnight river trips if Congress approves legislation recently introduced by Ohio's two U.S. senators and a representative from the state.
- House GOP working to extend highway funding to end of year Updated: Jul-10-15 3:37 pm
WASHINGTON - With money for roads and bridges running out, House Republicans are working on a package to extend highway funding through the end of the year, a top GOP congressman said Friday.
- Portman campaign's black advisers include Obama backers Updated: Jul-09-15 5:30 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - In the wake of police shootings and a deadly church attack, Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman has assembled a panel of black community leaders - including past supporters of the Democratic president - to advise his closely watched re-election campaign on urban issues, his campaign planned to announce Thursday.
- Bipartisan plan would overhaul business taxes, fund highways Updated: Jul-08-15 6:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators unveiled a bipartisan framework Wednesday aimed at making business taxes more competitive while generating much-needed funding to repair the nation's roads and bridges.