- Blagojevich resentencing can proceed after stay refused Updated: Aug-24-15 3:54 pm
CHICAGO - A federal court has denied a request by imprisoned former Gov. Rod Blagojevich to delay his resentencing while he asks the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his case.
- Ex-Gov. Blagojevich to ask Supreme Court to hear case Updated: Aug-19-15 8:01 pm
CHICAGO - A full appellate court indicated Wednesday that it will not rehear an appeal of Rod Blagojevich's corruption convictions, and his lawyer responded that the imprisoned former Illinois governor will appeal next to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Latest on Blagojevich: Lawyer vows appeal to Supreme Court Updated: Aug-19-15 3:31 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on a federal appeals court indicating Wednesday that the full court won't rehear an appeal by former Illinois Gov. Blagojevich of his corruption convictions (all times local):
- Q&A on Blagojevich: What's next after request for rehearing Updated: Aug-05-15 1:46 am
CHICAGO - Imprisoned former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich has asked the full 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to rehear his appeal. A three-judge panel of the court in July threw out five of 18 corruption counts and ordered that the Chicago Democrat be resentenced. But if the full court rehears the case and tosses more counts, Blagojevich's chances of shaving significant time off his 14-year prison term would improve.
- Blagojevich in 1st statement from prison: I'll 'fight on' Updated: Aug-04-15 3:53 pm
CHICAGO - Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich (bluh-GOY'-uh-vitch) says in his first statement since entering prison that he'll "fight on" in the courts because "what is at stake is nothing less than the rule of law."