- Former Illinois health official gets 8 years for kickbacks Updated: Jun-23-15 8:32 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A former Illinois Department of Public Health aide was sentenced Tuesday to eight years in prison for her part in a kickback scheme that defrauded the state of millions of dollars.
- Jesse Jackson Jr. released from halfway house in Baltimore Updated: Jun-22-15 3:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. returned to his family's Washington, D.C., home on Monday after leaving a halfway house where he lived for several months since serving 2½ years in prison for spending $750,000 in campaign money on personal items.
- Records: Illinois film tax credits total $204 million so far Updated: Jun-22-15 11:49 am
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois has granted $204 million in tax breaks to more than 930 movies, TV shows and commercials filmed in the state from July 2008 to December 2014 - productions like the TV show "Chicago Fire" and the movie "Transformers 4," according to state records.
- Closer Look: Rauner, public unions not close on contracts Updated: Jun-14-15 10:52 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The contracts for more than 40,000 Illinois state workers will expire at the end of the month, and their unions and Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's negotiating team apparently aren't close to agreeing on new ones. The impasse has gotten more public attention in recent days, with union members staging nearly 100 protests throughout the state to rally public support to their calls for fair contracts. With the potential for a far-reaching strike or lockout looming, here are some things to know:
- The Latest on Hastert: Ex-speaker somber in court appearance Updated: Jun-09-15 4:32 pm
3:15 p.m. CDT