- London Film Festival focuses on women; protests at premiere Updated: Oct-07-15 2:45 pm
LONDON - The London Film Festival opened Wednesday with "Suffragette," the story of British women who fought for the right to vote - a milestone on a journey to equality that many believe is still unfinished.
- Musicians help give hearing devices to Rio residents Updated: Sep-25-15 4:53 pm
Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper and Joe Perry helped give people the gift of hearing while in Rio de Janeiro for the Rock in Rio music festival.
- 'Whitey' Bulger's lover indicted on criminal contempt charge Updated: Sep-22-15 5:32 pm
BOSTON - The longtime girlfriend and fugitive companion of Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger was indicted Tuesday on a charge she refused to testify about whether other people helped him during his 16 years on the run.
- Kansas native writes screenplay for 'Black Mass' Updated: Sep-21-15 5:34 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A University of Kansas graduate is winning accolades after his adaptation of the 2001 true-crime book made it to the big screen in a movie starring Johnny Depp.
- The 7 movies to see from the Toronto Film Festival Updated: Sep-17-15 2:08 pm
TORONTO - "What have you seen that you liked?"
- Review: Chilling Depp, expert ensemble in 'Black Mass' Updated: Sep-16-15 3:08 pm
Shakespeare had his tortured Hamlet, his ambitious Macbeth, his malevolent Iago, his warring Montagues and Capulets.
- 'Whitey' Bulger movie gets private Massachusetts screening Updated: Sep-15-15 11:27 pm
BROOKLINE, Massachusetts - A movie about gangster James "Whitey" Bulger's violent reign as leader of Boston's criminal underworld got its first screening in the state Tuesday.
- Depp on his 'comeback' as Whitey Bulger in 'Black Mass' Updated: Sep-15-15 1:46 pm
TORONTO - There's no surer way to make Johnny Depp chuckle than to cite those who call his icy performance as the Boston gangster Whitey Bulger in "Black Mass" a return to form for the actor.
- Lorenzo Vigas' 'From Afar' wins Golden Lion at Venice Updated: Sep-12-15 4:21 pm
VENICE, Italy - Venezuelan director Lorenzo Vigas' powerful Caracas-set drama "From Afar" won the Venice Film Festival's top Golden Lion prize on Saturday, as filmmakers from the Americas beat established European directors for the main trophies.
- Cooper-led Hollywood Vampires raise the dead - and the roof Updated: Sep-11-15 12:47 pm
Hollywood Vampires, "Hollywood Vampires" (Universal Music Enterprises)
- War, migrants' plight lend somber tone to Venice Film Fest Updated: Sep-11-15 12:07 pm
VENICE, Italy - Five words sum up this year's Venice Film Festival: "Based on a true story."
- Toronto fest teaming with true-life tales, big and small Updated: Sep-09-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Hank Williams, Dan Rather and Lance Armstrong: The fictional guest list to the 40th Toronto International Film Festival is a curious group.